My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Its Strange...

I've had a night where I did not go to bed but I'm not tired nor cold. The amount of sleep I have had recently I cannot complain. If I wish I can have a nap in the afternoon. Making more progress on clearing out rubbish and tidying after the house upgrade last year.

A lot could be completed before the day is out but I am going at a leisurely pace.

I'll miss a fair few and there could be only a few remaining. I do wonder how many I have missed but I had no idea that another channel had taken up the showing of the western TV series Gunsmoke and in the early evening. A search on the internet tells me this was the final season and I think there are only around 18 to air. And as I am out quite a lot in the next couple of weeks sadly I'll miss around 12 of them.

Ironically, Gunsmoke has been airing on the CBS delivered TV series in Europe via Freeview/Freesat and it did air on that network in the States. Last evening on one of the breaks which Tru Movies 2 did not take as it might've in the States originally a caption came on screen with the CBS logo saying Sponsors message and that's where an engineer would've played in a pre-recorded advertisement. It has been running on another channel that I am unable to access Turner Classic Movies. In fact a few movie channels are including TV programmes in their schedules.

However, the series does seem to be doing the rounds across many stations so I'll probably see them all, eventually. What I don't know as yet is whether the stations have or plan to run the whole series or if each has the rights to only certain seasons. Also some stations show some episodes that look pale and worn. Others seem to have stock that looks as though they have been remastered. Lately the same situation has been happening with the Sci-fi series Star Trek.

At present we are being treated to a re-screening of the British TV series(in B/W)from the 1960's of The Avengers.

Tonight the little bingo club that I attend starts again so I guess this means that things are finally back to normal after Christmas.

Update:Like the Python "Dead Parrot" sketch, my laptop is similarly disposed. It will cost so much to repair, I am thinking and it won't be easy, lets have a new one. Glad that I have a computer expert to help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home