My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 16, 2015

A Very Quick Post...

I found all the colours that I was missing in tinsel at a branch of Wilkinsons in Durham except blue and green. I saw the show at the theatre(More on that later)

I bused into Bishop Auckland and the Wilkinsons there had very little tinsel left and what I already had. I found my electric socket extensions at a branch of the store that I was going to in Darlington so I did not need to go there early.

At the same place I found some lovely bowls, side and dinner plates and two of each only came to £5. I had chipped a plate the other night when a mug fell on it. The mug did not break but the plate did. Pity they did not have any matching cups/saucers.



I said that I was buying cheaper toilet paper but I found some better quality(3ply)being sold for the same price too.

I am now heading out for show number two and time is tight...speak soon...

Update:A disaster turned out OK...I waited for around 15 minutes for a bus, on a route saving me a longer walk(I was tired)I put my arm out in good time to flag it down and being a nice straight road, any driver has a good view of anyone wanting to board. The driver did not put his indicator on to say that he was pulling in to pick me up, I even moved towards the road and made a lot of movement and still he drove past with an empty bus and someone standing at the Driver's cab talking with him. For a split second I thought he had realised as he did pull up but then went on his way again.

I had to give in and go to the stop I had tried to avoid. Fortunately a bus did arrive after ten minutes and that driver saw me, saying that I should report him, I haven't decided yet. The bus arrived in time for the theatre show but if there had been no bus scheduled to arrive as soon the next was too late. I would have had to get a taxi. However, when I alighted from the bus another was parked in front and hadn't pulled away, that it goes past the theatre so I was able to board it and save another walk. In the end missing the first bus did me a favour.

Coming home the driver of the bus I was rushing for saw that I was struggling but was also quite near and waited for me. That's the difference between drivers. Most are OK and look after me. In the evening with traffic being light, buses less frequent the time can be made up easily. Normally I get on great with all of them and most have time for a chat. I think they like the fact that I treat them with respect. Most know me quite well.

I'll write about the shows I saw later today...I'm going to get nice and cosy in bed. And do very little today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home