My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 12, 2015

I Spoke Too Soon...

about the weather...Its continued off and on over the weekend and into today. Earlier on I was blown around a fair bit and almost opted for a taxi to get me to the Monday bingo club but I stuck at it and used the bus and with a very small couple of wins it reduced the amount I spent. I was only £1.90 out of pocket.

I can hear the wind more around the home as I have said because the new combi boiler's flue must have a different design and it blows down the chimney. At least the airing cupboard where it is has a door you can close and its self contained.

You may've seen my spend on Christmas items in the last week or two. I have saved a lot and what I purchased are still bargains but you never know when you buy if items will be reduced further in price, that the items you like will remain on the shelves because others have purchased them or the shop removes them because they don't want to reduce them any more or they want to bring in new stock not associated with Christmas.

However, a lot of what I purchased was still available today and come down even more so I would have saved perhaps another £10 but I still should not feel bad having saved what I did.

I found some decent tinsel which will finish off my Christmas Tree I paid £1.49 for six different colours(12metres)originally I would paid another £4.75. I also have a glitter tree star for the top of the tree worth £1 for 50p.

I don't know what has happened but the quartz wall clock in the living room, the battery ran out of power. I put a new battery into it(which is ok until 2017)and for some reason it is gaining 30 minutes for every three hours that it runs. So I found another clock today, its smaller and cost £1.99. If the original continues to play up I will switch to the new one. If they both go wrong, at that price I won't feel robbed and I am not bothered about buying an expensive one anyhow.

These days you have access to the time on mobile phones, computers, radios, TV's...just about anything. Even should I change the wall clock, I may still see if the original will work in my bedroom. I don't know why location should affect how a clock runs but stranger things have happened.

On the food front, I am eating better and more regularly again. Sometimes healthy foods, other times the meals are still good even if a bit sparing on the green stuff. Last evening within 15 minutes of coming home I had a hot meal of baked beans, sliced chicken breast, potato and bacon bites(mainly potato, I couldn't even see any bacon)and a wholemeal bap. Followed by a small and light in calories dessert.

Rediscovering the small oven built into the main cooker has been helpful and given me another option in the kitchen alongside the microwaves.

So much choice foodwise...people can laugh...let them...when getting my Christmas stuff and clock I found two jacket potatoes with cheese and bacon filling reduced to 88p(Two meals 44p each)I can always add some baked beans.

Update:With the amount of decent sleep I have had I got up in the night and did some housework...the outhouse is almost clear of untidiness and rubbish. I can access the recycle bins and crates again so hopefully some items will go in there. My booze will stay in there(not in the house)and most of the time it is cold out there and reasonably dark. Rubbish is in the passage alongside the house and again I hope I can put that into normal rubbish collections over the coming weeks but some items may have to be taken away specially and that will  cost money so I hope that I can make any collection worthwhile.

All pots/pans/crockery/dishes and cleaning products are now in the kitchen cupboards and out of sight. Some equipment that there is no room for, may have to be placed in the pantry.

Later today(its now Tuesday)I may have a look out for a very small shopping trip(in a neighbouring town)I am able to get a three way electrical socket extension for as little as £1 each and a couple of those could be very handy. A friend had some little highlighter pens and for some reason they have dried out so I'll get him so more(they are only £1 for ten)for some reason my pens have not dried out.

And at Christmas he liked some chocolate mint wafer biscuits so I'll get him a tin of those(again they only cost £1)they are really meant to be put into ice cream when its served in a little serving dish or one of those tall glasses. He likes them as they are. I guess that means I shall only be spending £4 and half of that on someone else.

I have a mild case of gout so I will go back on the meds for a couple of days. Its a bit tricky but the brass band concert on Saturday to avoid adding a lot of extra cost I shall have to leave early and catch the last bus that stops almost outside of the venue. Hang around probably for 30 mins until the doors open.

The last bus back to where I can catch one home could be after 11pm and mean hanging around for ages so if that is the case I shall catch a taxi back into the town centre and connect with a bus that runs more regularly(though only once an hour)but at least I am only using the taxi one way. And back to my town which would really increase the cost of the evening. If you are not near a main bus route going out without your own transport isn't easy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out that neighbours don't accuse you of creating a fire hazard with any rubbish blocking a passage....you know what people are like, and you don't want the Housing Association paying a visit again.

13 January 2015 at 14:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Totally agree...it wasn't a problem before just to certain jobs worth types. I have less in my home than many have. I am clutter free.

In many ways its bordering on where my home doesn't look lived in and you daren't have anything out of place. So much for stamping your identity on your home.

I can get out of every door and have access to all exits, it was always so. Including the garden and four ways to the front of the house.

Until items are thrown out you have to keep stuff somewhere. And its not blocking any exits. Nothing is indoors.

13 January 2015 at 19:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you have uncluttered exits in case of fire, that's the main thing.

It doesn't help that they only collect rubbish fortnightly now. and about 20 different bins for various recycling! I remember the old days when the dustmen just used to come round and take the old metal dustbins on their shoulders and tip the contents into their lorry.

13 January 2015 at 22:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Just in from my Music Club...Being single, I throw out very little(because I make food go as far as possible)and many items are fresh.

Even recycling takes ages. But it does often cause me headaches like getting rid of the new light bulbs which we are told to take to special dropping off points but there aren't any near by and it would cost more in time/money and pollution to take them there)

There isn't a dropping off point at the supermarket either. Perhaps the recycle wagon should have a compartment for the return of light bulbs.

14 January 2015 at 00:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home