My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 05, 2015

A New Week Begins...

Not a bad start unless something nasty comes through the mail...

Had a decent sleep. About to have a coffee. I will wait until later in the afternoon and have one of my ham baps remaining from last night perhaps two.

I have managed some more tidying up around the home and have some old carpet and backing to dispose of. Probably tomorrow I shall bring into the hose more of my crockery and cleaning items from the outhouse and put them into the kitchen cupboards.

The worry about two theatre shows clashing has been successfully sorted. I can now see both. I switched the musical Anything Goes to a Wednesday instead of Saturday so I can see the local Ferryhill Town Band and a special guest on the Saturday now.

That will be busy week then because there is my music club on the town on the Tuesday, Anything Goes on the Wednesday, little Bingo club on the Thursday, Friday a lunchtime jazz session with Djangologie and then in the evening the 40th anniversary concert with The Houghton Weavers finishing with James Stretton and the Ferryhill Town Band.

Tonight I am seeing the New Year In Vienna Concert so I will pop into the supermarket on the way for the bus and buy a few small items and put them in my backpack(a couple of felt pens for marking CD/DVD's)a small jar of coffee and two small boxes of those Christmas decorations. Perhaps a bottle of water.

Tonight when I come in I'll catch up on some cards I need to post because I missed sending Christmas cards to a few people so I am sending New Year cards out.

Update:My final Christmas shop ended up including Christmas crackers(unless I buy tinsel next December)I will keep them away from heat but though I have no one to pull crackers with in general...I know they can look nice amongst Christmas Tree decorations so to go with the lights and decs I got these at half price. In total I have saved on everything in recent days £55. Suspect all I have will outlast me and not need replacing.


Also back safe and sound from a lovely concert of Viennese music to let you forget all your cares and think of times gone by. Some favourites included in the selection but some lesser known pieces included too. The new road layout in Darlington town centre may/may not have been improved since the road works have been completed.

I haven't seen it completed until tonight. Nor driven on it but there are more pedestrian crossings which saves a fair bit of walking which when you have mobility issues is very welcome and coming back to the town for my bus from the theatre it was easier than it has been in years. I have more chance of making it to the bus stop than usual.

The truth is that I struggled getting there but was better on the return trip even though there was a hint of leg cramp. As late as it is I was quite hungry so I had some more ham baps but added some tomato and peas pudding. I also had a couple of chicken noodle cup a soups too. I was prepared to have a look around the TV channels to see if anything took my fancy but gave up and went to bed where its cosy and I expect I'll doze off quite quickly and I'm listening to the BBC World Service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home