My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 03, 2015

I Gave In...

Well, everything was reduced and cost half or less than the original price. I started with some mini Christmas Tree Decorations. I am careful when choosing but a couple have got slightly scratched but rather than go back to change them I'll turn the scratches inward when on the tree and being reduced to £1(that was not the reason)I'm not complaining. 

The gold ones were reduced to 50p(that's 160 decorations for £6)a saving of £10. It may've happened when a box fell on my head and onto the floor and they may've bumped against each other in the container. Perhaps when I open them next Christmas when I put them away I'll wrap them in tissue paper to protect them in future.


Then I thought that I had better buy a Tree. That was half price. Its a 6ft re-useable tree.


Finally, after finding more cracks in some of my coffee/tea mugs, I came across some mugs reduced to 50p but worth £2 each(saved £6) Sadly, they had sold out of the red ones. I decided against the pink coloured ones. I also found a set of stackable mugs worth £8 selling for £4 so saved £4. I will use my older mugs first and keep these all back for best or as replacements.


All I need now are some lights for the tree and/or to decide if I need any for the lounge. I don't think I can be doing with lights that constantly go on and off. Its too late for this year but if I find any lights on offer in the next day or two I'll buy them so I am ready for next year. If I am still here I will put the tree in the hall or in the lounge(if the latter probably in the corner beside/behind the TV)That way its near a power socket and being near the TV I'll see it. 

There's only me after all, I nearly didn't bother but then I thought why not, lets not be Scrooge like. Even if its twelve months away.

Update:I have some lights...couldn't decide on a single colour and which so went for multi coloured LED lights and as they were half price and most people I've talked to think a few could be lost on a 6ft Christmas Tree I purchased three sets(each have 100 on them)If there are too many I may have small tree in the hall or keep one set back in case one fails in the future. As my tree decorations are small I may buy two final boxes(that's only another £1.50)Then I'm sorted.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home