My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What Does Today Have In Store?

Who knows...nothing much planned. The paths and roads look very icy. I don't want to risk a fall...again food is plenty in the house. Still nice items for the holiday period but lots of good stuff in my food stores. They can laugh as some do(usually those who come from the Housing Association or some official organisation that find out about them but there is much to be said about buying some items in bulk and when they are on offer. You save money. Have more choice and when the weather is bad or you feel unwell you do not have to go out.

Especially handy if you don't have access to your own transport and have to use taxi or buses.

I am out at the Music Club tonight so will get out for a couple of hours(sharing at taxi)and in approx an hour my laptop will be taken away to see if it can be fixed for a reasonable price.

I changed my TV viewing last night and gave up on Last of the Summer Wine and found the first instalment of an adaptation of Mapp and Lucia, a documentary about the great comedian Dave Allen and a documentary about the Guitar Riffs. I was going to watch a couple about musicians Glen Campbell and Johnny Cash but went to bed and watched an episode of the TV series Gotham via the internet that I had missed but I have discovered the remaining half of season one will not air for sometime and they are keeping them back until later in 2015.

Well, I shall go and make some breakfast and have a coffee and have a quick tidy round.

I will wait until the weather warms up and probably at least Spring before doing the house up but I can keep it tidy so I have a little bit to do in the dining room and the outhouse. So I shall try and get the dining room in order today. Its too cold to do much in the outhouse but I can perhaps move some of the crockery and cleaning goods into the pantry and kitchen cupboards which are out there. So the day is not totally wasted.

Update:Laptop taken away...and by chance I have found a film(said to be one of his best)with John Wayne "The Searchers" I have rarely seen any of his films but a few over this festive period and so I shall watch this one now. Another to cross off my list.

Cooking some Pork and Leek sausages in the oven, should get a few meals out of them, was wondering what to have, could have a fry up and/or some with vegetables and gravy. That's today and tomorrow taken care of.

I had the sausages with baked beans and fried eggs followed by sherry trifle. Just my own opinion, they're ok but nothing to get excited about. At least I have tried them now.

Remember the gout? I took one tablet and was ready to take a course pf the drug but so far the one has done the trick. Guess I took it earlier enough but the leg that locks is giving more problems so I will take painkillers for that.

Watching another ancient film(new to me)"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" astonished to discover it is 25 years old. I saw the first two at the cinema, I understand there is another I have to see and that is on TV tomorrow night. I'm not out on New Years Eve so may give it a go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home