My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Another Day As I Often Say...

To pace myself is the best way as every day/hour can be different. As you will have seen by my post yesterday. After getting home from the trip to post that card. I went to bed for a couple of hours. I also went to bed as soon as I came home from the bingo club Christmas party and slept the clock round.

It was a bit flat to be honest and some people did not turn up but still enjoyable. I rarely win a bingo game and usually we're talking no more than £8 a house on a good day but as a whole book of cards comes in £4.60 with a raffle ticket, if you win one game you are only £3.40 better off. Its taking part and a bit of fun.

I shared a taxi to the event with an older gentleman and for a variety of reasons we should have shared the cost but I found I paid it one way. Coming home another person joined us and again we found that we ended up paying for the journey home so I am £4 out of pocket. I won't see that again. As I don't want my friend to be out of pocket on that second taxi journey I'll go halves so I will actually be almost £5 down so the bingo win is welcome. We also get a yearly £10 bonus as a gift so I am still £5 better off. So its OK.

In a few minutes I am off to Durham city to see a lunchtime Jam Session at the local theatre for 1pm, I may do a small shop and hang around to see the Christmas lights when it comes in a little darker in the afternoon, they look better when that happens.

The weather is nicer today, sunny if a little blowy.

Update:I hung about but didn't really gain anything from doing so as a van pulled up in front of the tree in the market place when I wanted to take a photo. And others I tried to take on a bus passing through other towns on route failed. Not helped by grubby windows.

The concert had been changed at short notice as the arranged singer had flu and lost her voice but was replaced by Ruth Lambert and accompanied by Giles Strong on Guitar and Mick Shoulder on Base(I've seen them before)in various guises and they are great. The guys play again in January as part of a group in the style of  Jean "Django" Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli called Djangology. And Ruth returns in April.

I've just had a coffee, sausage roll, buttered bread and a couple of biscuits but am thinking of having baked beans, chips and a corned beef slice later for a meal(perhaps for supper)

My laptop failed me when I came home...wouldn't switch on or off so for the first time I took the battery out and replaced it. Now it is going through a procedure looking to repair the start up. I hope it works. Last year I was without access to a PC or the internet and funnily enough it was the same time of the  year. Luckily I have an old refurbished desktop PC if that happens this time. But if I suddenly disappear you know why. I will find out if all is well when I go downstairs and check it over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home