My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Belated Christmas Greetings...

Why?

Well, the laptop is really knackered. Can't remember what I said earlier but in short I did manage to get it switched on again(in a fashion)and take off a lot of the stuff on its hard drive but at present I cannot get at the bookmarks and fear a lot of favourites will be lost/forgotten.  If I can gain access over this weekend I will.

The repairman was coming on Tuesday but even he admitted that it was a good idea to get stuff off the laptop before he took it.

Now I will have to decide is it worth repairing(depending on how the repair may increase as he looks at it)and with a small amount of spare cash through being frugal whether I should buy a new one but by then I may have missed any bargains offered in the pre/post sales around Christmas.

I have lots of lovely food in and I have lots of meals and snacks planned certainly up to New Year.

I had Christmas lunch with the invite of someone and received a few presents including a new mobile phone. Its basic and yet has more features than the one I misplaced in my home and I have put £10 on it which should last me ages. I don't have anyone to call and don't expect any calls to me. That's why a mobile phone isn't a priority for me and I'm not too far away from home so usually can wait until I get home to worry about the need of internet connection.

It will only be used occasionally to book a taxi. I understand I can have it switched to a tariff that is lighter than the one it is set to now which may suit me fine.

I finally gave in and purchased a soundbar for the TV. Its not the greatest, most expensive containing all the bells and whistles many have but for the amount of TV I watch its good enough for me. It has given it a richer sound than I was getting from the speakers within the TV itself.

Had I purchased it a couple of days ago it would've cost me £48...today it cost me £24 so I can't be robbed at that price. At first I was getting a horrible buzzing noise upon setting it up and thought...its no good and planned to return it tomorrow. Then after a little fiddling with the connections I found I could hear sound from the TV.

Then when I played the old satellite box through the system there was no sound so it looked as though it only worked with the TV. I investigated and found another connection had worked loose. Now it all works fine. There is a control to change the amount of bass and treble which I have finally mastered.. It has improved the sound and that's what I wanted. Considering the TV is not very big, the satellite box is old and Freesat, I have adapted the old TV stand managing to sit the bar so it gives good sound and is under the TV. To stop it rolling backwards/sliding one way its propped against that big vase.


Within the hour I will be out for the evening watching a little show at the club I usually go to on Sunday with the crew we play bingo but they are not going tonight, so its just me. I nearly did not bother but others that sit near us invited me to join them and I have a taxi booked to get me there and back and its always packed for Boxing Night and New Year's Eve. There is a raffle with some good prizes too.

I have taken a small buffet with me to share with those I am sitting with(very small one)cheese, crisps, cherry tomatoes, snack biscuits and one cheese and bacon lattice roll for each of us.

So I better get ready, speak later...

Again...belated Christmas Greetings!

Update:I had a win on the sticky thirteen card game tonight so even with the cost of the taxi being increased, drinks, paying for the games plus ticket for the night I was £8 in pocket. Really its as though the night was totally free and I got my soundbar for nothing.

I haven't watched much TV and I found two late films were on when I came in so I watched a Carry On I haven't seen in decades "Carry On Spying" and a Western that I have never seen and has taken me 45 years to do so, Redford and Newman in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"

I can cross that off my list. It was OK. Perhaps it meant more when it was first released and if I seen it when I was younger. I knew what the conclusion was regarding the main characters,  I almost gave up but though the conclusion was what I thought, the way it happened was different. I won't put spoilers up because there may still be people who haven't seen it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home