My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Ticking Over, A Quiet Day...

I'm not going out. I have all that I need indoors. There doesn't appear to be much on TV but I'll find something. There are some catch up channels on Freeview/Freesat but they tend not to show films that have already been on and the same is true of the catch up service on the internet(copyright issues I assume)and the only PC that gives me access to the internet at present is the old desktop one in the bedroom.

Though I haven't eaten much in the way of large meals or what I see as likely to cause it I have gone done with a mild case of gout(again)but having a drug in the house that helps rid the cause, I took a tablet at the first sign of it and I believe it could be working already.

I am going to make the effort and have a nice meal later on(if anyone is interested I'll tell you what later and perhaps post an image of my efforts too)

For now I am in a sentimental mood, I have no idea how close the movie is to the real life story of Glenn Miller but I am watching a favourite of mine The Glenn Miller Story starring one of my favourite actors who liked on screen and off, James Stewart and in the film June Alyson just seemed right to play his wife.

Perhaps its an age thing tonight, I will be watching repeats of Last Of The Summer Wine.

Update:I couldn't find the camera but the meal went well, all sorted within 8 minutes via the microwave(a kind of Christmas Dinner number two)followed by Sherry trifle. I can use the trifle again tomorrow. I put Summer Wine on but have missed a couple being on here in the bedroom meant to go back downstairs and watch/switch off the TV but became distracted.

May go back now...My laptop is being collected tomorrow morning for repair which I hope will not cost me too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home