My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A New Day...

Feeling more positive. I watched most of the Bette Midler special but gave up. It was mainly a promotion for the new CD that has been brought out(which I have heard)thanks to Spotify. I will watch Gotham another night on catch up or when its repeated. I haven't quite decided what was different about the special and how it looked. I can't describe what was going on. It had a different look to the usual studio recorded specials.

I came to bed and listened to the documentary on Alvin Stardust(again)I hadn't heard it for perhaps six months. Its a good story how he became interested in music, learning guitar and meeting his idols Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran and Bill Haley. How by luck as a young teenager he found himself in their company, jammed with them and they signed his guitar.

I slept well until the early hours, woke and felt troubled and you start to think. I got up made a coffee, had some beef and tomato spread on bread. Came back to bed and eventually got off to sleep again.

I have found out today, I missed a carol concert I was looking forward to with the Ferryhill Town Band at 7pm yesterday and I could have gone to it and the bus service is quite good. There is another in another local town this coming Sunday but it clashes with my night with friends at the local club on the town(not quite true)it finishes in time but a taxi would cost £15 and there is no longer a direct bus service home and it means changing two buses and travelling elsewhere and a thirty-forty minute journey becomes nearer 90 minutes and that also includes standing at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere. That's Sunday service for you.

The TV sound bar saga continues never thought choosing one would be so problematic. The weather seems not too bad outside, quite sunny but cannot see a reason to go out because it will be dark so quickly and at best there are only buses to shopping centres etc...the weather forecaster is telling me as I write the weather is to change and become horrible in the next day or so. Not very warm though...wrapped up, taking warm drinks(may have soup)and have a hot water bottle on my person.

Its the Christmas party at the Music Club tonight...entertainment and a buffet so I don't need to really do a meal later so may listen to the radio, mess about on here or watch the TV.

Update:Great night at the club and as I knew the person organising the buffet, I not only saved some of my food in a container to bring home...I found myself being presented with some extra items. If I stick to having snacks I have enough for a few days and...I have been told to expect the same again on Thursday at another party night for the little bingo club I attend.

I could sit up and watch some TV but as I will probably watch a fair bit over Christmas and New Year I am about to go to bed. Listen to a little radio if I don't  doze off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home