My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It Was A Horrible Night Weather Wise...

I called the church service off but you know what? The weather is a lot worse today but nothing like what Scotland and other parts of the UK are experiencing. I came home and went straight to bed after the club. I did watch two episodes of the series Gotham(one before sleeping)one this morning via the internet and the desktop PC.

I like my FST 32" TV but one thing lets it down...the old TV had stereo sound and great internal speakers built into it. The new TV's are slimmer but they skimp on the speakers as there is no room for decent inbuilt ones. That was obvious by the rich sound two basic PC speakers of twelve years when watching Gotham. I may have to see about adding a couple and connecting them to the big TV. The sound is very thin as it is. Not bothered about a top of the range system or surround sound.

It seems many people have this problem with the new TV's.

I awoke this morning in a bit of down mood but went back to bed, had a snooze. Found a couple of new Christmas albums on the streaming site Spotify. Had a coffee and some cheese scones...I have found myself watching a Agatha Christie Miss Marple mystery. Wrapped myself in throws, various warm clothes so not cold.

If the weather had not changed(wind and rain)down the windows I was thinking of a quick trip to the supermarket and get myself some of the alcohol on offer for Christmas and then I got to thinking...I keep trying to clear the fridge/freezer to put some Christmas foodie goodies but why wait? I may never succeed in creating space so now I am thinking...lets have some nice meals now and before Christmas.

If the weather improves I may venture out but I don't have to...I have all that I need to keep me at home. The offers will still be on tomorrow and I can buy speakers any time. In the meantime I can also watch catch up TV on the bedroom PC. In time I may find a way to connect my FST TV to the internet and can watch what I like at any time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm no expert but think it might be worth researching sound bars for your tv. We have one and is really goo. Just a thought.

12 December 2014 at 17:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I guess I can allow some time to choose the right one and after Christmas will be ok.

12 December 2014 at 18:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home