My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, December 06, 2014

On Thursday...

I really was struggling to walk and was in agony wondering how I could manage hours of pain caused by the gout but I went to bed for a couple of hours, slept somehow and when the time came to go to the little bingo club and by using a taxi to get there, I started to feel better...I spent most of Friday in a lovely warm cosy bed, sleeping but its not being lazy...its pacing myself, knowing what I can and cannot do, knowing what will mean that I can do more and keeping my independence.

I have managed to avoid taking the prescribed drug and still drink a little amount of cherry juice and keep the pain killers to a minimum. I had no reason to go out so I didn't.

Today is my treat...I will collect my theatre tickets, if there is room and I am early enough to get into Durham Cathedral there is a carol service this afternoon and in the cloisters(though probably too expensive even for me)a local producers market of food and crafts.

I have a little shop to do(Milk, cherry juice, butter, snacks* and light bulbs)I want some of those throws and cushions which I may also go ahead on today. I believe that I am up to it. Luckily much of what I am planning are in the same locations and near each other.

The grocery shop is two streets from home. I can do that early. The house furnishings are a bus ride away but again virtually where the bus route ends. between

The same with the theatre and Cathedral but again that is at the end of a bus route and because I am going during the day even though there are times public transport leaves much to be desired I can get to most local destinations within 20 mins or at the most 90 mins often directly with few changes between services and a bus available every 15-20 mins. Its before 9.30am and after 6pm when the problems begin.

I may do the grocery shop early(perhaps 7am)well the supermarket is open...the home furnishings between 9am-10am then I can leave any shopping and shopping trolleys etc...at home and just take myself to the Cathedral. The service starts at 2pm, the market is on between 9.30am-4pm. The theatre box office is open 10am-8pm.

The clearing out of my fridge freezer isn't proceeding too badly so I may be able to get extra Christmas food goodies a couple of days before the day...but if not I will do what I did earlier in the year and turn up the control so it becomes even colder and then even the fridge acts a bit like a freezer. And I will have to decide whether to go for fresh or frozen vegetables.

The other day in a post I mentioned the vitamins and minerals that I take...I forgot to add another good item which can cost more than it needs to and sometimes it gets wasted but again it can be purchased in ground form...Cinnamon.

*The snacks are not many or expensive and for two small parties at the little bingo club where we all bring something for a buffet and for the regular night at the weekend where we watch a turn and have a small bingo session at a local club. You know the usual type of things like crisps, cheese etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home