My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 14, 2014

I Value My Independence...

But generally know what I can/cannot do and I will pace myself. Or avoid some tasks. Yesterday I had to replace two centre ceiling lightbulbs and it was a struggle. Luckily one to replace is rare so replacing two more so. It really was difficult. I may have to consider asking a neighbour to help next time.

Or I need a longer stepladder with a longer rail so I have something to hold onto and not have to stretch so far. I am unsteady on steps if I have nothing to hold onto and then one arm cannot be raised above my head so you can imagine the pantomime trying to remove and replace a bulb in the holder.

I managed on this occasion.

I haven't had to think about buying Christmas gifts for sometime. But I now have some acquaintances and last year I was shown kindness being invited for my lunch and to have a few hours in company. That also meant I was given a few little presents to open and by more than I thought I would so this year I am prepared a bit better(just in case)and yet without going over the top and being careful I will have spent perhaps £80 but with offers on certain items my goods are worth nearer £120. But of course included in that is the ticket for the Buddy Holly show I gave as a Christmas treat.

I am good at picking out quality items and then finding they are a bit too expensive for one person. If it was a close friend or family that would be different of course.

I am not buying much in the way of food at present other than milk, bread and fruit and attempting to create space in the fridge/freezer for some of the special items that come into the supermarkets for the festive time and if I keep buying I will lose out.

Later today I will travel approx 6 miles and watch a concert of a local brass band and local singers performing music from shows and films.

On Saturday I will see two members of the Geordie Band "Lindisfarne" telling the story of the group and singing their music. Then no more big theatre shows are planned until next year. Though I hope to attend a couple of local shows raising money for charity in a local hall and a church. And a Christmas one in early December which hopefully I will attend with my friend Andrea. It is an annual show but though it is done as a festive event, no Christmas songs are sung.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home