My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, November 09, 2014

What A Difference...

Friday in a lovely small intimate theatre in Durham City...The Assembly Rooms. An Am Dram version of the play/farce "Go On Jeeves" Very well done, almost a sell out which for a Friday isn't bad. I realised within a short time it had been on BBC Radio 4 not too long ago. so I knew what was coming.

I found it quite easy to find the venue but initially I had been given the wrong directions which added a little more to my effort to get there. I managed to leg it to the bus station...and missed my bus by 20 seconds so had to spend an hour in the bus station until the last one.

I did pay for it today and found I could hardly move and stayed in bed for approx 12 hours. A couple of painkillers and as the day went on I improved. I didn't have the time to make a loaf of bread so had to pop out for one and found they had reduced the bread I wanted from £1.20 to 27p.

I'm not a great sewer but I repaired some tears to my thick warm coat(good enough for me)and most on the inside unseen. And a kind of laundry basket had one of its straps snap so I have repaired that too. I can hang it up again and it is probably stronger.

Tonight it was my turn to see the music play "She's Fired" the last production before it hits The Sage in Gateshead next year. Based on a local mining disaster.

All went well, getting there and back home and the production was really polished, the sound superb. My view sadly was restricted because I seemed to get someone in front of me with the largest head, who kept moving and was taller than just about anyone there. It was a sell out so you couldn't move to another seat. It was a really good night and I was happy to say that I have finally seen it. I was also fortunate to be in the company of my friend Andrea.

The only thing that went wrong was that the return taxi broke down on the way to get us and the replacement could not find us and yet having said that it was only 15 minutes late in picking us up. I hope to post images later today...Mine are not as good as many on the net because of the restricted view and I don't use the flash to avoid annoying people. For the same reason I refused to keep taking images over and over again until they came out better and clearer because I think of others around me.

You sometimes believe that you have a great picture, put it on here finding it is blurred and yet it looks ok on the camera's LCD screen. I am still working out the names of the performers to add to the images.



Toby Hodgson


At the front(with guitar)composer of the songs John Wrightson, play was written by Bob Lowery.



Bert Draycott


George Armstrong



George Armstrong



Toby Hodgson


Joan Edmundson


Bob Tuddenham


Ray Thom






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home