My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Is The Way I'm Feeling...

Wonder what will come along and spoil the moment?

Anyhow, I can report that I am in credit regarding my utility bills, internet, contents insurance, water rates and bedroom tax. If I make the equivalent of three more payments on the rent, I am paid off until the New Year. Two payments and the broadband is also paid until next year.

I am thinking that if I'm up to it and I have paced myself this week...I will go to a free night at a local pub tonight approx 10mins from my home and listen to a 60's live band. It will only cost a couple of drinks and is quite intimate. A member of the band told me about it. It will be the first time I have ever been inside it and I have lived on the town for 56 years.

I am hoping to go and see the illuminations on Saturday, my last chance for this year but it will take around two hours in either direction. I may have a better idea of what it entails if I have managed to travel to the event. My local bus company only gets me from my own town to Durham. Then I have to change to another one and they can only get me to within 15 mins of the location but they tell me there is another company that will take me even nearer.

The joys of public transport...

Next Friday I hope to see a student version of a production of a PG Wodehouse "Jeeves" story in Durham. And its reasonably priced. A venue I have just discovered by chance, they tell me they do a different production every week Thurs to Saturday. Then a week on Saturday I hope to see a musical locally which many in my circle seem to have seen at various local venues. It is based on a mining disaster and will be staged at the Sage in Gateshead next year. Sadly that is too far to travel to and difficult to get home from. The tickets will be much more expensive too. That is called "She's Fired" and written by a local musician and playwright.

With the time of year and weather there will be less places to go to and events to attend so it will become a little quieter.

I had some tasty but simple meals yesterday but need to get more fruit and veg in my diet again perhaps today. I did have Shepherd's Pie, followed by a portion of cookie dough chocolate cheesecake. For supper I had a chip butty followed by a piece of chocolate cake. I loved it.

I found myself watching a little TV, my favourite comedy The Big Bang Theory and I can't believe that I watched a BBC adaption of a novel I have heard about for decades but never seen before as a film, TV programme or even read the novel..."Fanny Hill" but I can say I have seen it now. I assume the TV version was very tame and much was omitted. Even this production was made in 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home