My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I Found...

And it doesn't mean that I am rich or will not hit problems but I discovered approx £76 in loose change and around £35 in note money in a box. Always welcome and it doesn't mean I have extra just that it has been deferred.

I will use it wisely. For emergencies and/or treats.

For goodness, inexpensiveness, variety, ease of preparation and making it go for further as a single person I am mainly now using frozen vegetables in my dishes when cooking. Or prepared fresh vegetables. Last evening when buying my milk I found sliced leeks, florets of broccoli and cauliflower and one with sweetcorn, carrots, peas and beans. All of them came in at a total of £3 and will do so much. If I go to freezer retailer rather than a supermarket I probably can bring that down still further.

Often one bowl of something like my stew/casserole is enough for a decent meal and that last Lamb casserole I made and mentioned on the last blog entry has made enough for four meals. I would guess that's cost less than £1 per portion. Its difficult to know what to call such a meal(I believe casserole is when you cook it in an oven, a stew when on a stove, in a slow cooker I'm not sure)but it could also be seen as a chunky home made soup.

Later today I am thinking of having salad sandwiches, well baps/buns and in the afternoon(it sounds terribly grand)scones and jam(I didn't make them)but they were spare at the club I go to on Mondays.

I have had toast and marmalade and I may have some fruit and yogurt later. In general I see small portions but often works well. I also find there is some truth in the idea that because plates used are larger, so are the portions so often people overeat.

It may happen one day that I will cook a meal for friends and I have my best crockery set where everything matches but that's boxed and for now I stick to the same few plates and mugs. They do for me.

Coming home from the music club I had someone give me some quick and easy ideas to add to my to my meals. I think I have room for one more kitchen gadget to be put out in the kitchen if I put it on top of the microwave...a George Foreman Grill. Then the only thing that is not in there is the food processor. I could have that there too if I put the small spare table from an old nest of tables in there. But I really could do with it being slightly higher.

I don't need or want much in the way of clothes but I may let my frivolous side come through by getting myself some novelty stuff for Christmas and Winter(jumpers, socks and hat)I have found slippers not unlike some I found a few weeks back...which I paid £12 for but they can be purchased for £6.

If I can time it right I'll try and find something in a sale/reduced. Or in a retailer that does not charge silly prices.

I was thinking as its a nice sunny Autumn day that I should have a look out but I don't really have any reason to do so or what could not be put off until later in the week. I will probably only be window shopping after all. With luck some Christmas stuff may come into the charity shops. Some supermarket chains do reasonable ranges of clothes so I may consider them too.

I have two possible nights out planned that are a little different...

Friday an Am Dram night in Durham where University students are doing a Jeeves and Wooster comedy play and on Saturday night a production of the mining disaster musical "She's Fired" I will say more after the event and hopefully have some images to post here.

Update:I may pop out for my computer magazine later. And earlier today I made those salad baps but what a performance...I decided to open a can of meat and guess what? The can would not open with the key which kept twisting out of shape, then the metal tab broke off. I then tried using a can opener, what's the betting that is now busted. Finally, I had to put a knife into the space created and take the can outside and bang the can on the concrete floor until there was enough space to try and prise the lid away enough to get the meat from inside the can in one form or another.

I am now thinking with what remains of the contents I may make a ham omelet for my evening meal. But not sure what to have with it(It came to me...salad, new potatoes in herb butter,sliced bread)Followed by After Eight Dessert. Cost approx £1.50(US $2.40)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home