My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 03, 2014

Almost Won...

the general knowledge quiz last night. My team scored 17 out of 20 and as we did not answer 3 was quite good. In reality I suggested 2 answers for unanswered ones and had they taken notice we would've had 19 correct. The winning score was 18. I wish I'd put my answers down, what did we have to lose?

I took sweet things for the buffet last night...cheese straws, various crisps and tomatoes. And some dark chocolate gingerbread rounds that looked like big Jaffa Cakes. Also some orange creame truffles in white chocolate.

I tried watching a comedy movie I had heard of when I came home but gave up after maybe 30 minutes. I tried to give it a decent chance but it wasn't for me. It didn't even raise a smile. "The 40 Year Old Virgin"

I found myself earlier in the day trying to avoid loads of repeats and ended up watching a film I haven't seen in years and is 75 years old "The Wizard Of Oz"

I was thinking of cooking a Lamb and Vegetable casserole in the slow cooker today but as I am using frozen chunky veg and they only take 5 minutes to cook and I can do them in gravy, if I brown the lamb quickly I can do it on the stove in around 10 minutes. And probably still have enough for another meal that could be reheated in the microwave. I will probably have that for my evening meal.

How quick is that? Can't imagine it using much energy either, may add some potatoes too. If I want to be very quick I can used tinned potatoes or steam some in the microwave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home