My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Hitting My Second Wind...

I had my bloods taken at the surgery and it went well as far as I know. I managed to bus to Durham and pay my insurance. Luckily the office is next to the bus station so I was back there ready to board a quick bus for the next task but two buses were parked in the bays my bus should've parked. It came into the station but did not stop, disappearing so I had to hang around for another half hour.

This only allowed me 40 minutes to complete my business before getting back to my afternoon bingo with my group. I managed to get my ticket for the Christmas show I mentioned in a previous post. My other plans were a let down.

One retailer had nothing of interest, the other had closed since my last visit and had it not been for the purchase of the ticket, there was no reason/is no reason to go there much in the future as I don't need or buy much other than food these days and most retailers are on my town or situated at two or three neighbouring towns within a five to twelve mile radius.

Not having had much sleep because of my overnight TV watching I found myself falling asleep during the bingo(the heating was on high too)which didn't help. I probably missed winning some games...I did that trick where you doze quickly and wake as quick. I know that I missed a line for definite. I did win one line that I did not mess up and being few in number that was all of £2.

I had plans for a pork stir fry tonight but went back to an omelet containing ham, cheese and tomato. I watched a little TV but took a brief nap. I just fell asleep and had no choice in the matter to be honest. I am reasonably warm and awake again but will probably have an early night or have a longer lie in. There's nothing pressing or anywhere I need to be.

I have perhaps only two Christmas presents to sort out and everything is complete. The housework I will now leave until the New Year.

Today has been difficult. My legs have been giving me real problems and one really kept locking and hurting especially when getting it moving again. And of course I don't have full movement in one of my shoulders but as I have said before I need to pace myself, work out my good days(or rather my better days)and those days, stay close to/be at home. All this can interfere with sleeping in bed too.

I have some good food in the house so good meals continue. Using what I have and then I hope to get some of the little luxury foods they always have in the stores for the festive season.

I think I only need a few odds and ends now...like roasting bags and washing up liquid. Maybe frozen vegetables and more food storage boxes. I may treat myself to one more Christmas jumper and perhaps a novelty hat. I can use them in the future too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

It is always nice to open a blogging window and look into somebody else's life. This is the first time I have called round on you. It is interesting that you are using the blog format like a diary of yore - to record your life as it trundles along. I am amazed that you are ready for Christmas as I have not done a sausage about our Christmas at home in Sheffield.
Best wishes,
YP

18 November 2014 at 10:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I love your name. Thank you for leaving a comment and popping by. The blog has gone through many guises.

Political opinion(that seems to have moved across to Twitter) I've never banned anyone from commenting putting up comments that could be seen as being troll like.

I've published personal stuff that showed both the help and otherwise when Mum was terminally ill, my finding my way and picking up my life again.

My own illness that occurred 17 years ago.

Learning to cook more adventurous meals. Discovering the interest of watching TV again. Getting back into music. Trying to get out there and see places/new and old.

But to some extent when you are on your own, doing every day things, it may seem unexciting and routine. But I have promised to try and give my blog a revamp.

Perhaps I should talk of world/national events. They do influence our lives but talking on such matters can and does both annoy or bore others.

Me, I tend to have the attitude that I will talk with anyone even if I have a different view and I hope that I am tolerant of others as much as anyone is able because in the end we are all affected by our personal life events and circumstances.

Take care and thanks again.

18 November 2014 at 14:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

BTW Christmas? I still try to keep the spirit in my heart and remember its meaning and the memories but really there is only myself now so to find myself buying gifts(even small one's)this year has been different.

The 1st year after Mum's passing I was determined to make a Christmas meal still, had all the stuff but didn't. Last year I was invited to share one. I have again this year.

I am fortunate and thankful but now feel strong enough to face it alone. I also could quite enjoy cooking "that" special meal and may still have a go.

18 November 2014 at 17:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home