My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Having An All Nighter...

Not sleepy and I don't have a TV recorder so the only way I can watch a favourite TV Western is between 2am and 6am one night a week. That's Gunsmoke. I never saw it first time around. And I have bloods to be taken almost as soon as the doctor's surgery opens so I'm thinking I may as well stay up now. I can catch up on my sleep easily.

If I haven't already said so I then plan to pay my house contents insurance. It has only gone up by £1 for the year. I still wonder with much of my furnishing being old and the few newer items not being top of the range nothing is worth that much money wise. But hey I guess £53 annually for peace of mind isn't bad.

I didn't win the bingo with my friends yesterday but I had a go at a domino card and wouldn't you know it...the number I tend to choose won...the bad news...my friend's number had been chosen by someone else and so he choose my number and...it won. Typical!

I'll try and post images of the Brass Band concert and the show I saw at Durham of the members of Lindisfarne. I was remembered by a band member who I saw approx 2-3 months ago at a more intimate venue and had promised him then I had a ticket and I would be seeing him. I got a smile, a thumbs up and one of the strongest handshakes ever. A really genuine, warm guy.

I was so close to the Brass Band on Friday, I was almost in it...two really good nights.

Coming home from the concert I again witnessed someone sleeping in the doorway of an unused nightclub near the bus station. When I first started up to Durham perhaps a couple of Christmases ago I came across another such person in the doorway of a national retailer and as rubbish is often left out for early collection the first I realised was when the cardboard moved.

At first I thought the wind was the reason, then I took a closer look. I do see a fair few people begging when I visit. They don't bother anyone or get in your face...they just sit crossed legged on the pavement, usually in worn out/dirty clothes with a hat or something similar in front of them. I don't know their back story, whether they are genuinely homeless, have lost work, have benefit issues, drug or alcohol problems and to be honest...I try not to be judgemental. I know that lives can change in seconds. I never know what the best thing is do regarding giving money. You hear so many stories about money being put to addictions.

I made the effort and did a small amount of shopping yesterday. It was not an expensive day and I was in one of those pound shops and got simple things, you know...a door mat for the porch, a clothes airier that fits on a radiator, toilet and kitchen rolls, kitchen scissors, a chocolate orange(a birthday gift for a friend)Christmas gift tags and wrapping paper.

And I couldn't resist an extra gift for my friend. We're all a bit low income wise but he really is down on his luck and according to more information from a relative the other day...it was conformed what I already knew(he is special needs)he loves trains so for £3 I found a calendar with lots of images of steam trains and with it also 2015 diary. All the gifts I have are wrapped, gift tagged and ready for giving.

More than I planned but not terrifically expensive in reality, helped by many of them(if to be believed)worth more than I paid as they were on offer.

I'm getting into my cooking again and making some really simple but tasty meals, on Saturday I had baked beans, oven chips and a really fluffy cheese omelet. I'm thinking of trying to do a stir fry with some pork later today and I have a chicken to cook in the slow cooker. That will give me a few meals. Anyone who thinks a microwave and slow cooker has limited uses needs to think again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home