My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Day Of Doing Little...

Well, what's to do as we near Christmas, the days are dark, the weather is generally miserable. I decided not to go anywhere. After all, I have the hospital check up in the morning so taking it easy seems the right thing to do...

If all goes reasonably ok I will do all the tasks put off today, tomorrow.

I watched a couple of episodes of the 60's TV Sci-Fi series The Invaders(I was around 9 years old)when that aired. Still looks good after all these years. Frightening where the time has gone. I watched a western with Rock Hudson(I'm not even sure that I have ever watched a film starring him)

He's ok I suppose, no strong feeling either way. The films were adequate and Rock filled the roles in a similar fashion, a mixture of something attractive for the females to look at especially in the 50's equivalent of a "Rom Com" probably under the description of "Beef Cake"

And yet an all action guy for the Male Cinema goer wanting a rough tough cowboy or soldier/hero. And because of the time, attitudes were different and so as far as the public goes and the fear of the movie studios and whether his sexual orientation would affect his popularity and his movies it was kept hidden. It may've done but after all an actor plays a part and live in a world of make believe.

Today whatever your private sexual orientation is, you can mostly get away with it not affecting sales. But there are still exceptions. And its no longer straight forward because a male star will have fans(both male and female)who like their work but may have an attraction to them on a physical level too and the same is true of a female stars.

Some stars, straight or gay accept the adulation from wherever it comes(often because financially it pays)but they don't go looking for it and others knowing they appeal play to everyone. The biggest area that still seems to suffer from discrimination is sport and my observation would suggest it is still
more of a problem in sports mainly associated with/played by males.

Where did that all come from? I had no plans to write that...probably because I mentioned Rock Hudson. I tend to watch films/TV or listen music on face value and not even think about being attracted in a physical way. If I like their work that's all that matters to me.

I found out that as of tomorrow I can no longer watch a film channel on my Freeview TV unless I have access to High Definition version but luckily as I have Freesat I can still access Film4+1 using the alternative system and I certainly don't want to replace a newish TV yet because channels are changing their formats.

I found myself getting into the Christmas spirit by watching a favourite associated with this time of year but I haven't seen it in years. The fact that I was able to this time means that I am finding that I am able to accept this time of year without it being as painful as it once was being on my own.

The film is "White Christmas" starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Vera Ellen and Rosemary Clooney. Music by Irving Berlin. Classic Hollywood from 1954. Having said about watching without being attracted to actors/actors I watch, the female stars were manufactured to look a certain way by the studio and had to watch their weight, were lit a certain way and had the best make up artists
but the leading ladies(Clooney and Ellen)did look attractive and perfect.

Remember me saying about actors playing parts? Its all make believe.

If this quartet had been getting it together in "real" life(They get together as couples by the end of the film)age wise Crosby(51)was paired with Clooney(26)and Kaye(41)with Ellen(33)

Away from films, the good news is that after checking my blood pressure today I have managed to get it down to 121/71 with a pulse rate of 74. I haven't weighed myself in ages so it will be interesting to see what that comes in at.

I have cooked a meal that I haven't had very often and took little if any preparation, ready in approx 5 minutes. A Chinese type stir fry with pork. It came in at around £1.84 a portion.

Update:Decided to have some potato and leek soup with toast for supper. Been weighed...came in at around 70kg. I really cannot get the weight down any less than that. Considering I try to walk but when I do it takes such an effort that it is like a workout. Generally my food intake is low in calories with lots of vegetable content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home