My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Time Has Moved On...

So on Friday I was given the option for some home improvements to be carried out in my home if I say yes...new internal/external doors, new gas boiler and possibly a new roof. They want to take out two trees in the back garden approx 50 years old. I don't mind any more. They take them away and cut them down(no expense to me)estimate of removal is £700. At my age I doubt I'll plant any more. I would not see them reach their maturity. I may keep the garden plain, low maintenance or plant some bushes/shrubs(evergreens)and they'll grow more quickly than trees. I'm also down for a replacement garage door and repair of roofing felt across the garage and outhouse.

Whilst I am able I have some shows booked at the local theatre...varied choice as always...luckily there were some discounts and spread over the year the cost is not as bad as it could be. The trick is to try and make savings in other areas so you can manage some treats. Also some years there isn't much worth seeing so I try to save in the lean years for the years when there is a better selection to choose from. many of the following have just been announced

An Audience With Tim Brooke Taylor(a comic actor/performer)best known for The Goodies, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue and I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again.
This Is Music Hall performers include Roy Hudd, Jess Conrad
Last Night At The Proms
The Music of Rogers and Hammerstein

Two others were booked ages ago...

Chris Dean's Syd Lawrence Big Band
An Evening With Pam Ayres

Today whilst in Durham I booked some more...

Bobby Pattinson and Friends
Clare Teal
BBC Big Band
Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band
Two Lunchtime Concerts

The following recently announced show clashes with a concert at a folk festival in September but is on in Durham in November so there is another chance to see it ...

The Lindisfarne Story with Ray Laidlaw and Billy Mitchell.

The two concerts at the Folk Festival are starring Jez Lowe, Charlie Dore, John Wrightson* plus a surprise
artist, Kieran Goss, Prelude, Ray Thom and the Benny Gallagher Trio.

Between April and June there are some local concerts at the local town Hall starring Hilary Spencer and Grant Baynham(both once quite well known on TV)they are supported by Tony Martin*.

Billy Mitchell appears again, this time with his son Tom Mitchell. They are supported by North Road.

George Welsh and Stewart Hardy a comedian and expert fiddle player. They are supported by Keith Morrison*

*Fortunately, these artists appear quite often at the open mic night at the music club on my town. Often for free.

So quite a few to be going on with and spread across the next nine months. Whether I can get some images will depend on the venue, the artist and how brave I am feeling.

I was in Durham today trying to get some signatures for a campaign to save the National Health Service, it wasn't easy and everyone packed up early so my planned three hours only lasted an hour. I understand we managed around 300 signatures. The weather did not help as it rained most of the time.

Until I managed to get home I thought I had lost £10 whilst in Durham but all is well and I found it on my person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home