My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A New Morning...

Feeling quite good. So alright, I've shopped. Out before 8am and home not much after 8.30am. Things for snacks and sandwiches...ham, chicken, beef, pork with egg, egg and bacon sandwich filler, pease pudding, cherry tomatoes, pears and mushrooms. Good long dates on everything too.

I have had a coffee and taken to my bed for a rest, then around 1pm I will do some household tasks. Have perhaps a nice evening meal/tea and get ready to go out to the Music Club again which will lift the spirits. I wasn't thinking about it at the time but the sliced meats will be handy for the weekend when we go train spotting again. And yes, I may put something up for the Sunday bingo club. All put to good use.

It was trying to rain when I was out but not enough to get wet. I really could do with a good raincoat/anorak of some kind(I will keep looking in the charity shops)

Update:Another great night at the Music Club, the worry was that we were short of performers but everyone rallied round and it was fantastic. We're also hoping that we can get a group together to go to a local musical festival in September using a minibus or sharing taxi's or giving something towards petrol money if its private transport. Two performers appearing at the festival are Charlie Dore and Joseph "Benny" Gallagher of the duo Gallagher and Lyle. Sadly, public transport is the problem. Its only 8 miles away(approx 15 mins)but once it gets past 6pm...Thankfully two of our regular music club performers are trying to sort something out for us.

My friend Andrea is willing to sit in with me on the day of the Housing Association visit and her support is always appreciated. Good to have someone batting in your corner. Just doing so out of kindness and the goodness of their hearts.

I am about to have a meal of roasted vegetables with crab and cod in some kind of champagne sauce. OK its now Wednesday and nearly half Midnight but I haven't eaten much over Tuesday and I had a long sleep(I must have needed the rest)I am wide awake now so I suppose the night has become my day.

The veg looks over done but are still soft and do not taste burnt so the meal is on. The crab and cod bake was tasty but glad I did not pay full price and would not buy it again. When put on the plate it was basically a big jacket potato and the cod/crab was an afterthought. If I wanted it again, I could make it myself and spend much less.

With two items at least I was using the oven more economically though if I had also put a Turkey joint in at the same time I could have saved even more energy. At least that only takes 25 minutes to cook. And then it can be sliced and used in sandwiches or with a salad/hot meal. I sometimes look at food that is cooked in the supermarket and think how expensive it is but it actually may work out cheaper if you are not having to use your own oven. I mean if it costs £3 for a raw chicken and £4 for a cooked chicken perhaps it costs more to cook it at home. Though I am more likely to stick it in the slow cooker these days. Also I would look for an offer or a reduction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home