My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Still Around...

But yesterday was quieter than usual even for me...I managed to find some spare plates/bowls/mugs and cutlery. Washed them and put them away in the cupboard. Threw some rubbish out(more tomorrow)

I had a sleep. Got shaved. Went to the bingo club...won a house. False call...Doh! Thought 54 had been called  and it was 64. Oh well...easy come, easy go. The club is closed for the next two weeks.

Came home had a coffee and decided to have two wild Alaskan salmon, spinach and Sicilian lemon fishcakes with white and wild rice with added vegetables followed by a Frosties snack bar(972 calories)My daily goal is around 1,200. But generally I don't sit there counting calories.


So it all starts again tomorrow...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



Nine rooms? no wonder your HA keeps harassing you.I expect they have large families lined up for housing?

29 March 2014 at 09:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

They don't for that...and I have included rooms that no one would live in. There is not even room to swing a cat. Sorry cat lovers. I also included things like an outhouse. If I work on it I can bring it down even further.

To be fair you see I did publish your comment.

29 March 2014 at 10:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Families are often smaller these days and a big report yesterday suggests that in many areas where larger property is available they can't off load them for a variety of reasons.

29 March 2014 at 10:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


I was not being judgemental just showing how they might see it.It must be very painful to even consider giving up a place you have lived in all your life? The trouble is if your dependent and not independent people think you owe them.Its not at all easy on your own just quietly trying to get through the day to day without bothering someone somewhere.

30 March 2014 at 10:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon, I did not take it that way, every case is different and one size does not fit all. I so hope that I did not come across as being sharp in my reply, I was not meaning to be.

I do believe that the Gov are taking cities like London as their model on property size, rent prices and what's available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26770727

30 March 2014 at 11:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home