My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Quicksilver...

Last evening ended with a show at a local town hall in the company of my friend Andrea(who occasionally)leaves a comment on my blog but we talk, e-mail, message and bump into each other around town. But also after some months who should turn up but someone I have not seen for some months. Its a bit complicated but I have talked of him before and he's someone that you have to be a little careful of because he's a bit of a "Walty Mitty" character and you have to take what you are told with a pinch of salt. Also you have to be careful because though he is obviously seen as able to lead an independent life he is special needs and resides in a kind of sheltered accommodation set up.

So Andrea was on one side and he was on the other...ho hum! Hopefully, this did not distract her enjoyment.

So to Quicksilver...sadly just as happened at the theatre on Monday we were down on audience numbers which is so sad as for those who organise these concerts, keep prices down, look for a wide range of acts the risk is always there that they could fold.

Perhaps its the austere times and cuts...perhaps its the time of year, perhaps its the old problem I find that there is so little going on in the evenings that many businesses find it is uneconomical to stay open. For me bus services don't help.

Right that's the downside...now the upside...Everything you need to know of the duo who perform as Quicksilver can be found on their website(Link highlighted above in red)that's Grant Baynham and Hilary Spencer.They performed their own material but carefully choose quality material from others writers including Jake Thackery, Victoria Woods, Flanders and Swann and Tom Lehrer to name but a few.

They have a busy schedule for the year and come back(sort of)into these neck of the woods in June. It was a great night and we got the chance to chat after the gig. Nice people.

Grant Baynham and Hilary Spencer(Quicksilver)at Bishop Auckland Town Hall April 16th, 2014

The opening act was ably taken care of by a local artist who appears at a number of clubs and festivals including our own club on the town and that's Tony Martin(yes, he really does have the same name as the famous American singer and actor)He was one of the first singers I saw as a novice perhaps 18 months ago. I have become more aware of live music and folk in particular than the whole of my life on the planet.

We are fortunate to have such talent close by.

Tony Martin appears at Bishop Auckland Town Hall April 16th 2014

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home