My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Mum's Gone To Iceland...

Sorry...change that to Gildy. Of course there are foods like there like anywhere that perhaps should be avoided but not worse than anywhere else and even then unless you were eating the same items every day they're fine. I see a diverse range of products but as I now travel to Durham and Darlington, I really do find that I can get more for my money and often they match or are as good/better than the discount supermarkets/main food stores most people use unless you are buying items that have been reduced. And yes they do also stock some fresh items for salads and fruit, today they had 600g of strawberries for £2, I can pay more than that for a container of 400g and less.

I have some turkey and pork which will give me some nice meals or put into rolls and as its cooked it saves using the oven which also saves money. I have paid more for sliced pork, turkey and chicken elsewhere.

I did the favour for my friend at the Bingo Club. I had become mixed up and said the mini packets of gingerbread men and vanilla milkshake biscuits everyone seems to like were 8 for a £1...they are 59p its a £1 for 16. I was given £2 last weekend so she will find double the amount when I give them tomorrow. Sadly, I think when these sell out there will be no more. I'm not even sure that the manufacturer make them any more. They are only small but in my own town I purchased so very tiny fondant chocolate rabbits as an Easter treat and I will give everyone in my group at the bingo two tomorrow night.

The rain has kept off today but its blowy and changeable. The weather people got it right again...(Since writing that it has rained back in my town but it has past over and the clouds are moving quite quickly.

I'm a little tired. a little pain in the joints so the rest of the day will be quite restful. Its mainly food today(as it is most days)I have made the effort to cook a reduced family sized pie with filo pastry topping containing chicken, bacon, leek and a creamy sauce. Accompanied with cauliflower and broccoli florets plus roast potatoes. It was worth doing in the oven because its a couple of items that need cooking. I will only use half the potatoes so I have two meals out of them and a half of the pie so again I can  have two more meals out of that.

Chicken, Bacon and Leek Pie with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli/Cauliflower Florets.


I found some vitamins and minerals which I was getting low in and bought some Bic Biro Crystal pens that were on offer 10 in the pack but I saved £1.20 on the price, some cheap highlighter pens which I think will be ideal for my bingo nights even though dabbers are quicker and easier. And a couple of felt pens. Finally and its been years since I had one, one of those pens that retract and contains four colours in one.

I nearly purchased a reduced price book of recipes and explaining the 5/2 diet but I decided against as I know most of what that diet entails and how it works and kind of do it already. And most of my meals are easy to work out calorie wise without sitting down and working out the amounts. Diet is a misleading word and bandied about too freely these days because whatever we eat is our diet whether its done to lose/gain weight, stay healthy.

I had some sandwiches late last night of ham and mayonnaise but they also had jalapeno as an ingredient and I had to remove it as it was too hot for me. I looked it up on the internet and it is said to be a mind chilli pepper. I don't do chilli pepper and if that is mild I don't know how people eat the stronger types. Perhaps you get used to them the more you eat  them. I won't be trying them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home