My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Senior Moment...

All my own work...I answered eighteen out of twenty questions in the quiz at our club last night though others knew some of them too when I asked for verification...the last one beat us all..."What was the name of the first US woman in space?" We were even given her first name, Sally. Answer:Ryder.

The one that I had a mental block on was "Which actress played Sue Ellen in Dallas?" No one knew in my group but one though Linda Evans(I knew that was Dynasty)I know its Linda Gray but I just could not get the name of Linda Grant out of my mind...Grant is an author who I come across on Twitter.

But for all that...we won!

The grand prize of £5 between eight of us...we using it to buy nibbles next week...

As for the rest of the night my group did very well on the bingo, six of us were playing and four won a house(and though we were down in number)that was £20 for each of them. As some play six cards they were still £14 in pocket. And even with a couple of drinks each were £10 in profit.

Though as they also have a couple of goes on a domino card that comes down further and with rhe sticky thirteen card game most probably broke even after sharing the taxi costs. Though one of my group who won a house also won the sticky thirteen(shared with another person)so may've been in the black.

Another in my group finds bingo is too fast for him to play so went out of the room and came back and told me that he had played a machine...don't know what he spent but he told me that he had won £17 and walked away and did not keep putting it back in and making a loss.

Small amount of sunshine today but it still looks quite cold and not that inviting...though I will go out around 6pm. Catch a bus and travel to the big band concert at the local theatre for around 7.30pm so something good to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home