My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Funny Day Again...

Slept quite well, yes I gave in and had a couple of vodka and cokes. Not a habit but it probably helped me.

I planed and got all my fruit together and meant to have a nice breakfast of Honey Loops cereal, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries and milk...and then didn't. But I did around 3pm. Earlier I just had some marmalade and bread.

I got a good wheelie bin of rubbish out by around 10am and putting it found the workmen installing the solar panels next door. The usual noise associated with such workers(sorry if that's a stereotypical image I have)an old battered ghetto blaster playing very loud in the street and maybe my age has something to do with it but the music was just noise, if that's mid morning Radio One I'm glad I don't listen.

I said nothing, did not give a look(after all once indoors I could not hear it anyhow)but as I put the wheelie bin out it was turned down and it remained that way until they left.

I'm a little surprised that social houses as mine are now classed and managed by a housing association have not invested in solar panels when they upgrade houses. My neighbour seems to be getting his for free and at a time where people are being stung for the bedroom tax if they installed panels and that saved money on electric and heating etc...money saved could go towards the bedroom tax or at least money could be saved on the utility bills.

I had to phone the credit card company again and got a different tale about what's going on...Remember the other day I paid a bill and went to the bank to pay it off and they would not accept the card. Then it turned out I had two cards of the same type with different numbers and the last statement that arrived had a different number too. I was told that a card would be sent out with a new number and to destroy all my cards when it arrives.

They are not sending one now. Well, they will in July. The card I have to use until then ends at the end of July but the one I have to destroy has an expiry date that lasts until 2016 which is longer than the present card. As long as they know what they are doing...

As I had to use an 0845 number I have a feeling this will have cost me money but now the bank tells me that I can use a phone at the branch for free which as the problem is of their making I will be doing in future.

I was thinking of dragging myself to Whitley Bay this weekend for a change of scenery and look at the sea and the new upgraded promenade. Can't tell you the last time I went there but as I have some other places to visit during April and May and I promised to support the campaign to save the NHS I will once again trek to Durham tomorrow and do that instead. If I don't attend tomorrow I will be missing the next two weekends as next week I could be train spotting and then at a food festival.

Don't know why but having one of those down periods but not giving in...and still plan to cook something nice later for my evening meal and going make the effort.

Could be because its coming up to the second year since Mum passed away and I associate the London Marathon with her because in 2012 it was just starting though this year it seems approx two weeks early.

A night of radio listening ahead too...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you take the time and make the effort to support the NHS. There is no doubt that there is a government agenda to privatise services and apply a financial levy (even though we already pay through tax and nationally insurance).

11 April 2014 at 20:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Its a pleasure to do so and more than a duty. We have problems internally with what our government is up to but we are having to fight for its survival in Europe too. There is some kind of plan which our government backs that if passed will make it virtually impossible to reverse the changes being brought in because it allows the companies who take contracts out to supply services can sue and do so in say an American court.

I have no idea who will win the election in 2015 but we still have almost a year to get through and a lot can happen in that time.

11 April 2014 at 21:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Have I mentioned about another campaign that is planned in August where there is a planned march from Jarrow to London

http://999callfornhs.org.uk/the-march/4583609408

11 April 2014 at 21:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home