My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 07, 2014

Funny Day...

Sorting out finances regarding Mum's estate...not a lot of money but initially it will affect me. I have to avoid sounding ungrateful but sometimes a windfall does not always work in your favour. Its all the sorting out of forms and documents to fill in or send in. And yes you have to spend money to get money that is your own...I had to have many items copied and purchase a postal order. Also had to call into Mum's bank.

Anyhow, just had one of those weird phonecalls...I hope I am safe...a foreign sounding man from(I suspect)India or Pakistan. No number you can call back.

I did not give my number when I answered I am ex directory. He said my name and started to tell me the postcode he had for where I live(which I did not confirm)he said it was a one off survey and I would not be bothered again and asked how I watch TV and then what my working status was or was I not working. I said I was not interested and asked how they had my number and who they were representing. That saw him disappear fast. No information as to who they were.

Earlier in the day I was pestered by a solar panel company(I rent my home)so even if I was interested I could not alter my home that way anyhow. Again, how they manage to come through on my number is a mystery unless they phone random number combinations and hope for the best. I was given an option to press a number and be removed off their calling list. I still have no idea who they are.

I paid my phone line rental in advance on my internet provider...and used the credit card which was accepted. Then went to the bank to pay it off. The card was not accepted at the bank. I came home and found the latest statement...the numbers did not match. The card company said they had sent a new one out at least 6 months ago(which obviously had not arrived)How would I know and the cards I have are still valid for a long time yet. The missing card has not been used at least.

They are sending a new one in the next few days which will have a new number(different to the one I have now)and also different to the number on the statement. What a carry on...Everyone is amazed that the card I used to pay for my phone line was accepted. But the new one is linked to the previous now defunct card so the payment can be made at the bank when the new one arrives.

I have just enough in my bank to cover payments for my utility bills until the end of the year and my broadband/call package. I could bring it down further and pay approx £5 a month but to do that I could only phone between 7pm-8am weekdays and weekends. Its tempting as I really have no one much that phones me or I phone and I could use e-mail/facebook/twitter. But occasionally it is useful to be able to phone between 8am-7pm and as long as redial and stay on no longer than 60mins most calls are free.

As things stand I owe nothing to nobody. And am upto date with bills etc...may it always be that way. I'll never be rich but I hope that I can keep my head above water.

I couldn't help myself...I spent £10 for food today and saved £19. I have lovely sandwiches to last all week, many less than half price, they will be ok, some nice fish coated in a lemon/herb dusting. I have some small pork burgers and pork meatballs(half price)and got £7.20 of bread buns and bread for £1.20. Some cheese scones and crumpets too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home