My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 06, 2014

I Don't Believe It...

It may never happen again and I honestly do not remember being invited to one before but a week on Friday I have been invited to a buffet or Dinner Party. And to bring a bottle. So I shall have to be on my best behaviour and hope I have plenty of scintillating conversation.

I'm a novice with alcohol so asked for advice what they would like and they said a bottle of  Blossom Hill soft and fruity red or rosé, its going to come in at around £4.99 a bottle. That would pay for a night out for me or budget two or three meals for me but I may be able to spring to that for this one off event. I suspect by today's standards that's a reasonable price for a "decent" bottle of wine. In the past my own choice(and I haven't purchased any wine for years)has been less than that.

Two I know from the Bingo I attend on Thursday nights and the other guest I have never met but we have used Facebook and Twitter. I may need some Dutch courage...wish me luck...I need it! I could have said no but what does that make me sound like and its a compliment that I have been asked I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home