My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Getting Ready...

To finish off my tasks regarding tidying the house this afternoon, will do that after "The Archers" on the radio. Hopefully that will take no longer than a couple of hours. I totally did the dining room in less than half an hour. And some of the stored items from there are now in the wardrobes upstairs. Crockery and glassware. I have tidied some of my food store and though no extra food has been added I have managed to find space for two extra crates.

Then around 4pm I'll tidy myself up and try and be out the door around 5pm(ish)and pick up some milk and the two items forgotten yesterday. Then to the bingo and the pie and peas being served before the session starts so I have not eaten much today, to be honest I have had nothing as yet. I will probably have a biscuit with a mug of coffee.

And still have something when I come in later after the bingo...if there is a spare pie remaining I may be fortunate to be given it to bring home and that will do another meal for me perhaps tomorrow.

The weather doesn't look too good outside but its not raining. Still not warm enough to avoid wrapping up well and even with long johns, shirt and trousers at the music club(maybe it was the effects of the cold still)I kept my coat on and wrapped the scarf around my back to keep warm.

I had to put my sewing skills to use last night as my new expensive Winter design scarf I purchased in December caught on the zip of my coat and pulled a long loop and I expected it to have come away/laddered but I managed to hook the loop into an area where there is a kind of double layer of material so it cannot be seen and is protected and there has been no laddering and I did not need to tack it either. I am hoping no further damage will come from this. I'm not a great sewer but am quite happy with my skills. I have even come up with ways I could have done previous sewing repairs and alterations better.

Still spluttering a little but think I am improving, as someone said its the way colds hang on for days or weeks afterwards that can be a worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home