My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, March 02, 2014

I Don't Know Where The Morning Went...

but it has and now its afternoon...just.

Had my meds, vitamins, a coffee and some yogurt(toffee and vanilla)and later I am thinking my bananas need using so may have a simple banana sandwich.

I'm in the after period you get with a cold and cough(highly unlikely that I can spread germs to anyone)but it takes time to lose it altogether. If I blow my nose now my ears seems to clear too.

Its a grey sky, think its a bit cold out so am staying put. Unless I decide to buy some fruit and/or treat myself to some sweets. But I can put that off for another day. In a neighbouring town there is a monthly Sunday Market and they have a Pancake event happening also some music being performed but I do not need anything. I promised to have Pancakes last year and didn't. I promised myself that I do not need to eat them only on Pancake Day nor do they always have to be sweet. Or eaten after a meal and...did not do any of those. So this year I hope to put that right.

Pancake Day falls the same day as the Music Club so I may have to have mine the day before or after or early on the day. I have cheated this year and have some already prepared that you just heat up. With  a spatula I can turn them over without tossing them.

Have put the heating on for a short time to get some water so I can have a wash and shave. Was going to do some washing but I'd be wasting electric as I haven't a full load so will find something in the wardrobe for going out tonight. I have all my bits and pieces ready(Money, wallet, bingo dabbers)hat, scarf, coat and gloves. And may just take a couple of items with me for tonight's little buffet. I can take more but if I don't need to I can use what I have. Probably take some small sausage rolls, cherry tomatoes and cheese, But if asked I could take some ham or beef rolls, cheese straws and pickled onions. Others may have plans to bring something.

Last Friday, I said that I quite fancied Haddock, chips and a wild rice with a mixture of small vegetables which can be ready in approx 20 minutes and...I still haven't had it. I do have(they were reduced)three ready meals(came in at around £5)I would not usually think they are worth the price but I thought I won't be having them every day and as I only eat small meals they probably would be enough but I can add some extra veg.

They are all topped with mashed potato and one is a chicken and broccoli pie, another is cottage pie and the last is salmon and broccoli.

As I eat small portions and my main entertainment is the radio, though I have a faith of sorts, I won't be giving anything up for Lent. If I am honest I don't ever remember doing so. Where possible I do and will help others but I do that anyhow without having to be told. Some days its as though I have given up for lent because I eat quite sparingly. I don't over indulge.

Now its nearly 6pm  and soon time to go out and there's been a fair bit of spluttering this afternoon so I hope that's it for now...if that would stop I'm not that bad. Settled on tomatoes, s rolls, c straws and as a treat some little bags of gingerbread men biscuits which my friends can have with a cup of tea at home.

I'm home and in bed ready for some easy music on the radio(its almost 11pm)I had two Gin and Tonics(not sure if I have had gin before)but I liked them a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home