My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Thirty Years Ago Today...

my father passed away. I was not writing a blog back then. However, I am sure that I did write about my Dad and his illness. Taken by cancer and it wasn't good(if it ever can be)but he was at home except for the last twelve hours and had Mum and myself known how close it was perhaps we would have done all that we could've to keep him in his home.

Which in hindsight(and if anyone has read back)I would have preferred to have Mum here in the home that she loved and I know that I could've continued to make her final days comfortable and stress free, at a push we could have had extra care even from charities that deal with those who are terminally ill. In the end it felt as though you battling for your loved one, for your own acceptance of the situation and against authority figures who don't always know what's best.

I hope that I can take it easy and be reflective, that nothing spoils it.

No plans for going out other than the Music Club in the evening.

Update:Oh great, that's all I need, looks like my laptop has been infected with a virus or Trojan program so more expense. I hope I don't lose my files and it doesn't cost too much to fix. Especially with a limited income.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Gildersleeve, just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you on this day. No matter how much time passes theses days can be hard. Take care Lorna x

4 February 2014 at 17:56  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Much appreciated Lorna x The day has gone reasonably well.

I do think of him but it also makes me realise that yes without knowing it, you do pick up your life again. And I had a very strong bond with him.

4 February 2014 at 19:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


It does not matter how long ago it was and how non religious we are are,I think we all secretly hope they are in their prime in a better place looking down on us, guiding us. We hope as well that all the suffering they went through had some sort of purpose we don't understand, and their lives had some sort of meaning and importance amongst the billions of others tht have been and gone.

Woe! don't let it all be random and chaos....We hope eh?


Jack

5 February 2014 at 09:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

So true Jack, There is so much we still do not understand which ever way you come at such things with a faith or otherwise. For all my doubts I still have to believe there is more. And as you say they are no longer hurting.

Hope is as all that we have. Thank you for that.

Sounds a bit hippy and 60's but as I type I am thinking of the chorus of that song associated with the Woodstock music festival and I have heard scientists suggest we are a combination of many elements.

"We are Stardust..."

5 February 2014 at 13:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home