My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, February 03, 2014

Slept Well...

after the usual Sunday visit to the bingo and turn. Some as you'd expect are better than others. He thought he was good...but hey, its free. If you take away the cost of any drinks and a £1 admission fee.

Once a week I have taken to having a little extra alcohol. Not the rest of the week. It lightens the mood and relaxes me. I never was a big drinker. Last night it was vodka and orange.

I used up what was left of our little buffet when I came home, it was simple fare...some cheese, cheese twists, a ham roll, plum tomatoes.

Today, I'm thinking salad rolls during the day and perhaps something warm for the evening meal.

Listening to a thoughtful Book of the Week on BBC Radio 4, first instalment of Where Memories Go: Why Dementia Changes Everything by Sally Magnusson. The fear is that more of us will be affected and if not ourselves we wlll see more of our loved ones with this affliction. So yes we live longer thanks to medical intervention but at what cost? I think I can see signs that suggest my own Mum was showing signs on top of everything else.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home