My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, February 01, 2014

A Sleepy Kind Of Day...

but I did go out...perhaps I will tomorrow.(Update:I am out tomorrow after all, I have a concert to see in Durham and nearly forgot about it. More later)

Firstly today, I had to make an appointment to see my Dr. You phone the surgery at 8am and hope you get into the queue. I made who knows how many calls. The line was engaged and so it was a case of last number redial, cut the connection and go through that procedure for approx 15 minutes. I'm guessing at least ten calls per minute. At least it is a free number again.

He's happy with my progress and has continued my medication(you know that I am on a mild AD)so mild that I could be doing the work myself but if it is helping, I don't care. I am more my normal nature and who I have been most of my life. But I am in control and do not feel fuzzy or like a zombie.

On Monday(and this is not being reported outside of the UK)and very little in the UK but the government are to give access to our medical records virtually to whoever wants them and trying to say our anonymity is protected and the leaflet explaining what's happening manages to make it seem as though everything is fine. If you don't opt out, your details are shared. Many Dr's are unhappy about the changes.

I kept it simple today...

Mugs of weak coffee(was going to buy some fancy coffee)but settled for some supermarket value brand and have 200g for £1(US $1.64)its good enough for me, I treated myself to a small bottle of vodkashocked 11  So the money saved on the coffee was a bit like reducing the vodka by £2(US $3.29)I won't be drinking every day and it makes my cocktails(say a coke and vodka)come in at around 50p(US 82c)a glass which is approx £1.70(US $2.79)cheaper than in a pub.

I found some reduced sandwiches so all I have had tonight was two chicken and stuffing wholemeal sandwiches with a tomato, spring onions and some salt and vinegar crispy sticks. And a cherry yogurt.

I don't feel too bad tonight and I have checked the temperature in bed and its a cosy 24c(76f)against the colder room temp.

I wondered how today was going to be as early this morning before I started making my calls to the Dr's and putting the wheelie bin out for collection, I had that awful feeling that I have not had for a very long time where you feel as though you(sorry about this)want to throw up. But thankfully I shook the feeling off pretty quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home