My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Bangers And Mash...

Isn't it funny how some meals are forgotten about, yet though simple they are let go of. And then one of the UK's favourite food writers shows sausages and mashed potato on her twitter feed and you think, I want that once more.

I've never been big on alcohol and getting drunk is a rare a thing but I'll admit I had four(shock/horror)vodka and cola's last night. The ones that I made when I came home were probably a bit more generous and certainly more inexpensive. Its not habit. I have been told that you cannot get drunk on vodka. Lets say I felt relaxed and sleepy. Nothing to worry me and at peace.the feeling was nice.

I have done nothing today...is that a bad thing to admit? Is it wasting time? Then again, why shop for the sake of it. It has taken a lot of willpower not to go out for the sake of doing so. I will make the effort again.

Some time in the future, I shall have to book into hospital for an operation either because I am forced to or I make the decision and yes I have age and long term health issues but late last night and its trivial, I lost my first toe nail. I don't remember banging my big toe but for perhaps close on a year a nail was discoloured as though it was a bruise but it seemed to be growing slowly and likely I would keep it.

It started to look normal but half of it came away without effort. I now await to see if it recovers and grows again. I was a bit surprised and thought if I was to lose it, it would have happened long before now.

Update:As the day has gone on I felt a bit negative but nothing in particular, it will be temporary...been eating turkey rolls and had a fair few mugs of weak coffee(its always weak)I may have something warming later on even if its just porridge and fruit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again, I hate to dissolve your illusion but you most certainly can get drunk on vodka... not one of my favoured tipples though.

What you can't always do with vodka is detect it on someone's breath. It was the ex's Drink of Choice for this very reason.

If I do drink it I like it either in coke or with orange juice - a 'screwdriver'. Both vodka and all mixers taste much better chilled.

27 January 2014 at 22:44  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

See...I feel positive again :-) I knew that I would...I'm accepting there will be times such as these and they will become less. I am happy how far I have come.

Vodka...hmmm, I didn't have it straight(with cola or lemonade)

Orange juice, there's a thought for a change...

28 January 2014 at 00:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home