My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I've Lost A Day...

Not that anything happened.

Sadly but I guess not unexpectedly news was announced that Pete Seeger a singer mainly known for performing and writing what would be mainly called folk songs passed away aged ninety four. He was known for fighting for the rights of the ordinary "Guy" and found himself caught up in a nasty period of history in the US where anyone that leaned towards the left of politics and was no more than that was called a Communist.

He is known for so many songs that are part of the childhood of many and made them aware of politics and rights isues such as Turn, Turn, Turn, Where Have All The Flowers Gone, Little Boxes, If I Had A Hammer, We Shall Not Be Moved, We Shall Overcome etc...

I missed a lot of what Seeger represented but you do realise just how much of his music has been played over the years and you know them as soon as you hear them.

I was hoping for a few Seeger songs at the music club last evening but it was a great night and lots of people both performing and in the audience. Quite a few "New" people are coming or returning after a break of a few months/years. A couple may also be coming to the Bingo night that I go to which is good as it keeps the numbers up.

I kept it simple tonight, when I came in I had baked beans(ages since I had them)a sausage roll, crinkle cut chips, ketchup and bread. Followed by a mug of milky coffee. Lovely!

Supper of Baked Beans, Sausage Roll, Crinkle Cut Chips, Ketchup and Bread...Lovely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home