My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Think I'll Stay Indoors...

I have awoke to painful joints(no reference to drugs thereanimated smileys laughing 12)and I'll take it easy but hopefully go to the music club tonight.

Yesterday was a day of snacking on "Buffet" food such as cheese, tomatoes, sausage rolls and the like...today its fruit, cereal and mainly vegetables. I have another chicken pie to use up or I could switch to another type that has spinach and Gruyere cheese included in the filling. They were approx £2.50 each(box of two)reduced individually to approx 90p.

The following is a bit gross and not food orientated...

Last week(ish)I said that I had lost my hearing in one ear. So I started using olive oil and it has made a difference. I gave up after a few days. A week later and more wax has finally cleared of its own accord. Makes you realise how something so simple can build up without realising. I now think once in a blue moon I shall give myself a procedure so it doesn't happen again. This may even be why there has been a little bit of tinnitus. Following comments with this post this link is useful)

Don't know why, I don't question when it happens but I feel more positive today...

Update:Warm and cosy(inside my body and out)though it was a horrible night of weather. A great night at the music club(think we had 70 there this evening which is good)I've just had one of my chicken pies(to be different)I took it apart and added some ham, I intended to add some vegetables but there wasn't room so I had put them on the plate.

Now I have to catch up on the internet and send some links that I have promised someone. I also have found a political meeting I am able to attend on Friday night in Durham City, near to the bus station and there are buses every hour so I should be able to get home OK. Its a pressure group trying to save the National Health Service for changes being brought in by the Government.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


I hope you were using medicated Olive Oil from the chemists and not the stuff from the supermarkets?
There is a difference I think

22 January 2014 at 09:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes as it happens it was from the chemists but the cheaper alternative I saw was in the medicine area of a discount store and has been used before.

I assume you are thinking of the olive oil used for cooking as a no. :-)

Thanks.

22 January 2014 at 10:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Actually, thinking about it I think I was told by a pharmacist that there was little if any difference between what they sell and a high quality oil you buy to cook with. But I'll stick with what I know, perhaps I'll ask my Dr sometime.

22 January 2014 at 10:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I heard that Olive Oil from the pharmacy has the stuff taken out of it that might allow cultures to breed in it...that might happen if old fat (ie cooking oil)is left around in the ear.
Don't know if that is true or not?

23 January 2014 at 08:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That makes a great deal of sense. Returning to this made me look it up on the web and if you cut and paste the following it tells much more. I use a dropper and it always has worked for me.

I suppose if I could find a small spray bottle I could pour some into one and use that instead.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-up-Ear-Congestion-With-Olive-Oil

23 January 2014 at 10:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home