My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

How Is Everyone?

I've slept. Awake now...bit uncomfortable. Legs were/are giving some gip. You can't win. For whatever the reasons one leg is shorter than the other(wasn't always the case)my knee joints are swollen and it can be difficult to get comfortable, if you try to put a leg out straight it takes some doing and hurts. Then if you need to move it, it will hurt. If you leave it in another position...ditto and laying on your side is not a guarantee you'll find peace. But I manage as you do and there many having an even more difficult time than myself.

I may give in and take some painkillers which I try to ration.

Though dark outside it seems very calm, temperature in my bedroom is neither too cold/hot considering there is no heating on but in bed I am cosy(presently 14c/56f)the rest of the house is probably colder. But being in a smaller back bedroom with door closed keeps things warmer. And I have access to plenty of fleece blankets and quilts. For next winter I will try and find some brushed cotton sheets which will be even better and invest in a new bed or at least a new mattress.

A member of my group tonight is bringing ham and pease pudding rolls so that is sorted with my little selection added. I had opened a can of ham which I need not have opened now but then again, things are bought to use and I have had some ham salad rolls myself so its not wasted and its been a bit of a change. I can perhaps do some different meals over the next few days too.

The last few days I have been having porridge for breakfast but today I think I shall switch to cereal. Again I can add fruit. Knowing we have a buffet tonight I won't eat much else today. I think I shall make my little journey to the clothes shop and call into the supermarket on the way back home because I forgot to buy any butter/margarine yesterday. Oh the simple daily tasks we do, day in, day out...exciting isn't it. Not really and yet for many being able to do such tasks would mean so much to them and we should be grateful that we are able to.

Update:Good to get out...neighbours are doing more house alterations 5 years and counting plus dog howling...perhaps it will end when I come home. Often the person responsible only comes home at weekends...thank heavens.

Found some clothes I liked(sadly in the wrong sizes)other items did not suit. The money stayed in my pocket. Now here is my late lunch...creamy chicken pie, casserole vegetables and roast potatoes(with reduced prices it cost around £1.10(US $1.80)but that does not include the cost of cooking it in the oven. I usually use a microwave or slow cooker. I probably could have steamed the vegetables in the microwave.

Sunday Lunch, Chicken Pie, Casserole Vegetables and Roast Potatoes 2014 01 19

Home from the Bingo now(22.40)I won the sticky thirteen card game but shared therefore won £10(US $16.42)the whole night cost £3(US $4.93)and as numbers were down I was quite pleased to win that. And a lot of my food came home with me so that will give me a few snacks over the coming days.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently discovered your blog when reading my usual "Random Jottings of a book and opera lover". I am enjoying you, being quiet and elderly myself, living with my husband in Delaware, USA. Thank you for another small pleasure to check into now and then.
EJW

19 January 2014 at 14:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is EJW again. I read only a small handful of blogs but try to add something of interest as a thank you each time I write, so here goes. We are being badgered (poor word choice) by a pair of wrens, birds as bold as British robins. They got into our back screened porch through a wind blown screen door and were busy building a nest this morning which seems much too early? We chased them out and when coming back in one of them landed on my shoulder. I'm wearing a moss green sweater . maybe it took me for a moving bush? This has happened a few years ago--they aimed for a tipped up watering can. Can't be the same pair can it?

I hope you are having a good day.
ETW

19 January 2014 at 15:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's very kind of you...I think that there many more of us living what I would call an ordinary life and getting pleasure out of what would be seen as simple things...you do find when writing a blog how many are similar wherever we are.

Though the image given by the media suggests otherwise.

Take care and all the best to you and yours...

19 January 2014 at 15:15  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Lovely to read about your garden birds...I went through a period of many years feeding birds(as many did around here)they gave me great pleasure and suddenly there were varieties I had never seen.

Even some squirrels joined them(and I had never seen any in over forty years)but the newer neighbours pulled out most of the shrubs and trees, turned the garden more into a patio and its never been the same since.

Do enjoy your wildlife...

19 January 2014 at 15:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home