My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Wednesday Evening...

I headed out to my concert and what a great night. Firstly entertained by Ray Thom with a great set of songs, some familiar and some that were new to me. I understand Ray is quite well known on the circuit but most of the performers I am hearing are new to me. I hope to see him again.

Ray Thom performing at Bishop Auckland Town Hall January 15th 2014

Followed by Isla St. Clare. Remember her? Known because of a popular saturday night entertainment show for family viewing when the comedian Larry Grayson hosted The Generation Game with Isla.

Isla St Clare performing a wonderful set at Bishop Auckland Town Hall January 15th 2014


Frighteningly that was thirty six years ago. And Isla obviously will be remembered by the British public more for that but both before and since, certainly in Scotland as a singer. Again a selection of music known/unknown and being close to Burns Night they were Scottish. She played the guitar beautifully and sang equally so. And many without any accompaniment and that's not easy. To stand there alone with no help. That's the media for you. You will be remembered for some things more than others. It is unfair but there you go. Just as it is impossible to keep up with what everyone is doing. 

Often if you are not seen on TV the assumption is that you have retired or passed on and often performers are working hard appearing all over the country and world. And at ages many of today's entertainers will have given up or been neglected by the media and promotion companies for the next big money spinner/craze taken up by the public.

I was joined by three other people on my table who attend the music club on my town on Tuesdays. So was not on my own. It finished with just enough time for me to leg it to the bus stop and the last bus home and when I came out it had been and still was raining heavily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home