My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 17, 2014

I Lost A Day...

Well yesterday nothing happened. Often nothing does. I could have gone out(just for the sake of it)but why?

I did go to my bingo club so was out for approx. two hours in the evening. To be honest it only lasts around 90 minutes to play eleven games of bingo and have a cup of tea. Usually I'm back home before 8.45pm. But it breaks the day up.

My town's retail area has been refurbished but still has at least 12 units that are empty. And now within a very short space of time it has seen damage caused. Wooden seats chipped either by people using them as obstacles for performing fancy tricks with bikes/skateboards or its been suggested but I have no idea if its true that some sit there and get a penknife to take lumps out of the wood. There are two musical sculptures, one of which has been vandalised beyond repair. Surprised? Sadly not.

The other day when I was in town buying only a very small amount of goods(washing liquid, matches, plastic plates, spring onions, vegetables)there was hardly anyone else doing any shopping and shops were all but empty. Poor choice of retailers? Lack of money? People going elsewhere? People looking for work/working/on training schemes and it being a weekday afternoon? Who knows? They probably all play their part. I know and I have said so before using only myself as an example...forgetting about a low income and bills(rent, electric, gas etc...)what do I need?

Many items are nice to own but not needed. Many items once purchased last years and years so I really only visit food retailers and if that is the same for many households, even the increase in internet shopping would make little if any difference to me or the footfall of shops. Internet shopping is still mainly for luxury/large items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home