My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Another Day, Another Week...

What will it hold?

Well, I'll give in and hope the grass verge repairs itself(that's the kind of person I am)I hate un-necessary hassle. I'm hoping my neighbour leaves me alone again and for now I am just carrying on as I always have.

My hearing has still not improved but early days but hopefully the olive oil will work its magic(eventually)otherwise its a trip to the Dr. But hopefully its nothing to worry over.

Our numbers were depleted at the Sunday Bingo club. Down from seven to five but it went well. We won the quizanimated smileys jumping 1and before the answers were read out, we could have managed another couple of correct answers. Its mainly for fun but there is a small prize of £5. If we win we just put it towards one of the games we play the following week. How things come back to you...Burt Reynolds(US actor)appeared as a centre fold in a popular magazine(we put Playgirl)knowing it was incorrect but as I walked back to my table like a bolt out of the blue I remembered...Cosmopolitan. The other question that came to us too late...What comes between Wing Commander and Group Captain in the RAF...Squadron Leader. Many answers are there in the deepest recess of the mind if you reach for it.

Someone in my group played the domino card twice(that's £2 in total)and won both times coming away with £40, a nice return. None of us were lucky on the bingo this week which is fine...

We kept it simple food wise...I took some sausage rolls, cherry tomatoes and cheese twists. And some Mr Kipling cake slices, someone else took cheese and cheesy biscuits. Quite a bit of my food came home with me so it wasn't wasted. I will probably make up some salad rolls today with added sliced turkey. I'm into my porridge at present so that will be breakfast sorted. And fruit of course.

I usually wake in a positive frame of mind, if fortunate I end the day in a similar frame of mind but we'll have to see if any of the news is sufficient to depress my optimism. I try to avoid a lot of the news but have to stay informed in case some domestic political policies affect me now or in the future. I do seek out various alternative sources of news but mainly use the BBC World Service(to try and hear what's happening outside of the UK)and the domestic national radio network Radio Four. Ignorance is sometimes bliss but on the other hand you have to try not to be insular.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home