My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The 100th Anniversary Of...

of WWI and many events are planned in the UK to...what? Remember...celebrate...think about the horrors of war?

I'm not sure what the idea is to be honest but I am hopeful that our National Broadcaster the BBC will treat it from all sides and not take the line I am cynically expecting from the Government.



I have discovered a few documentaries(not the BBC)on You Tube that look worth a look and seem fair in their treatment and I may watch. Constantly surprised what is out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Gildersleeve. Thank you for the link. It was a very interesting article, well worth reading.
Lorna

23 January 2014 at 18:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I do believe that I shall learn a lot and it could be the most listening/viewing that I will ever have done regarding the great wars as we know them.

23 January 2014 at 22:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home