My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Don't Want To Offend...

anyone or annoy with my political stance, remember the line that is oft quoted...

"Don't talk about politics or religion" and when what we say is instantly available and rattles around the world in seconds anything said probably will offend someone. But as I have said before I hope though not perfect(who is)I hope that I am respectful of most opinions and views...

A reader of my blog who has recently commented EJW said that she was learning more from blogs such as mine about life in the UK, Lorna I think said in not so many words something similar and we are letting others peak in to our world and see how similar our lives are. A life seen as ordinary is worth something and unlike the images often brought into our homes by the media many are not able to have the latest gadget, have designer clothes, eat out at the fanciest restaurant, go on holiday to some far flung destination etc...all things to aim for I suppose and and we all want the most comfortable life possible.

But we do know that it is often said that children/teenagers these days(or again is it slanted by the media itself)the person asked will say that they want to be "Famous" and they don't always know what for. And they don't want a basic Mon-Fri 9am -5pm job(if they exist these days anyhow. Looking at the wages paid that probably has as much to do with the dissatisfaction these days.

Well anyone in the UK(and from abroad)reading newspaper websites based here or listening/watching streaming media)will know that our economy has been suffering(its a world wide problem)and perhaps heard about the many people who are classed as poor and in need of state help. How some of these are criticised in derogatory terms and how the few who do "Work the system" give the mostly genuine a bad name.

I came across the following blog post on line which I feel is fair, balanced, well written and covers all sides whatever way you approach the topic of welfare. Even though the writer admits he supports one particular UK party...

It is as good as any article that would appear in any magazine...Link Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home