My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

It Would Be Both Boring And Bad In So Many Ways...

if we lived in a part of the world where the climate is not varied and if it was always too hot or too cold. Putting global warming aside and extremes events, are we ever truly happy with the weather? I know if it is hot day after day I want to see rain but if I thought it was bad last night in Durham, today, it is really nasty. There is a strong wind blowing, trees are moving violently in the breeze and rain is heavily coming down.

I could stay in but I think that I shall battle against it for perhaps an hour because I am located only two streets from the centre of the town and I do need some small items(salad and my prescriptions)that's all.

Once that's done I'll baton down the hatches and stay put until the usual Sunday night playing bingo and listening to a turn.

Update:I can't complain when I know how others are suffering extremes of heat and cold, snow and floods. However I did venture out and though it wasn't warm with a scarf, beanie hat, gloves and thermals I was fine. The rain had swept away and the wind had dropped even a little bit of a blue sky(within an hour it was back)as I came home. I must occasionally add some temperatures and descriptions of the weather to show how things are in the area and UK in general.

I found some reductions again(thinking of tomorrow)not taking as much as usual but have some tomatoes, cheese and bacon bites, cheese and some instore baked toffee cookies. I know others are bringing something so I can avoid taking some items and they will give me some extra meals for the next day or two. I found juice, a chicken pie, kale, a stir fry dinner, a bag of mixed lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, sweet sandwich pickle, pease pudding and bread. I don't think that's bad and it can all be adapted. Very little of that selection was full price. In theory I can avoid shopping all this week. I have realised that I have forgotten the cucumber angry 4

Generally, its been a good day and I feel positive. I know I have dreamt but do not remember about what exactly(perhaps I should keep a notebook close by as you often do for a few minutes)to prompt memories but I do believe Mum was in it. Been sleeping a little more peacefully again too.

EJW your comments are getting through and being published. I wonder if you are expecting them to appear immediately? When anyone is kind enough to leave a comment, it should turn up in my inbox and then I publish it. It doesn't show until then which is usually within minutes or a few hours.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJW
I am trying again.
I agree with you about sameness of weather being boring. A friend in California gave up growing roses because they flowered themselves to death--no dormant period and she longs for a spring and a winter and hates the smog. Here in Delaware we have very hot Summers, very cold wWinters (Right now 10 inches of snow on the ground and it is 6 degrees F in the morning) and short Springs and Falls.

We sleep with duvets under the seets in Winter and on top also--as snug as dormice. In Summer sometimes only a sheet but do like to be covered. We don't keep central heating on at night but a lot of people do. As a result we had to spent 2 hours thawing our two toilets this morning--our fault I suppose--will keep a bit of heating on tonight.

Now to se if this goes through.

25 January 2014 at 15:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJW
It is hopeless trying to post to you blog. The random code letters are unreadable. this is my 3rd and last try. I wonder how many blog friends you may be losing?

They seem more readable this time

25 January 2014 at 16:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJW
I think it went through. If so I will read the code letters first in future to see if they are possible before trying to post.
This lot look possible also.

25 January 2014 at 16:15  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You know what...I have taken to doing the sleeping on a duvet trick myself. You've also proven just as you learn about life here we do likewise when someone comments from say the US and though anecdotal, its not spun by the media.

I have always said all people wherever they are generally have the ssme hopes, dreams, worries and fears. Health, enough income to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads. And that those nearest and dearest are safe.

I dare say life away from a city(country/suburbs)are different but most of what is shown is usually that.

25 January 2014 at 18:13  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Sorry that the moderation is a problem but spam has been a problem. If you are reading this, your comment has been posted and replied to.

25 January 2014 at 18:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJW
I'm sorry . The other blogs I contribute to work differently obviously. Thank you for being nice enough to reply. Two I sent some time ago did get lost--certainly my fault. They disappeared into the ether! They were ones where I had tried, hopelessly, to guess at the code letters.

I certainly don't expect you to jump to it and reply, or reply at all for that matter but I wondered if they were being edited out when they didn't print which did hurt my feelings a bit. Now I won't worry.

25 January 2014 at 19:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If its any consolation I have had problems on other sites too and I keep switching the letters/numbers until I am happy with them. Thanks for persevering.

25 January 2014 at 19:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home