My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Better Than Wasting Fruit...

and whilst able as I don't know how finances will be(who does)in future times. I don't get to buy quality fruit juice too often and to be honest to make it go further/less sugary they say, water it down. Make your own and it is even more expense. And we are told that too much fruit juice is not that good for you.

There is a limited offer on some new Ocean Spray Brand 1 litre cartons of juice with 50% less sugar and no artificial sweetners. Also in new flavours. Normally £1.99(US $3.28)each being sold for...£2(US $3.30)for two. So for an extra 1p(US 2c)its making them half price. They also have a date well into March(but as they are best before you can use them after that date so I may buy a few extra and ration what I use on a weekly bases.

Its been said this is the advantage(if income is not limited)if you can take up offers/buy in bulk and those who need to stretch their money further and could benefit most from offers often simply just can't. Then for many these days many properties haven't the storage space.

They are that new I cannot find an image on Ocean Spray's own website(or the supermarket's either)

I had a chicken salad when I came in last night from the meeting and cooked one of my turkey joints I purchased originally for Christmas. So I am thinking of a "proper" Sunday meal tomorrow...you know...vegetables, gravy, meat and perhaps cranberry. Today perhaps sandwiches or yes a turkey salad. It cost me £4 but I think I can get a few meals/snacks from it making it reasonable value when sliced down.

I'm staying close to home too over the weekend. If I go out I will be no further than a couple of streets away in the local shops(only need some salad items)

Since adding fleeces to my bed, they are not only quite warm...they feel nice so this year so far I have not used a hot water bottle or needed the electric blanket. And for making the bed and some furniture warmer or to make older furniture look better I am thinking of buying some throws.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throws would be great on your chairs, thinking of your decor perhaps not white or cream though.
I've got them on my leather settee as it's a little worn now and also quite cold to sit on in the winter!

I bought a massive throw - and I mean massive - from our local Poundstretcher, that one is on my bed. The settee throws were from Primark's household dept - upstairs in Darlo store. ;) A.

27 January 2014 at 22:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I was looking at them the other day and thinking seriously of buying some...will have to do some conversions into inches LOL. I get lost with cms.

I taken to using a hot water bottle tonight...lovely.

28 January 2014 at 00:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home