My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Freezing Items You Never Thought That You Could...

I just had to share this article on foods you can freeze and probably did not realise. Anything that saves waste and money is worth knowing about...

Food items that can be frozen for later...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea said...

Thanks for that, Gildy, the one I'd not thought of was freezing lemons. I knew about most of the others but it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

For freezing mashed potatoes, I would suggest adding some wholegrain mustard before freezing to some portions and /or cheese to others. It makes a real difference. Aldi's is a great buy.

On defrosting try baking small dollops of cheesy mash on a tray until golden for Duchesse potatoes. These were a real favourite when the kids were young. Wholegrain mash and/or cheese are also the only way I have found of making packet mashed potatoes (Smash or similar) edible.

6 January 2014 at 09:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Andrea, thanks for the added suggestions...I'm always learning.

Preparation, batch cooking is not that time consuming, there are plenty of shortcuts. Pity more do not realise/shown.

And many meals home made can be as good/better than ready one's on both quality and speed. But we know that :-)

6 January 2014 at 10:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home