My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sorted...

Shopping done within an hour or so. Everything found quite easily, food, disposable crockery(I avoided the glasses and mugs)I can use the real things if required but I may just have coffee or tea. The New Year cards had almost sold out. I hope that I have enough but a quick list suggests that I could be short by two.

The weather isn't bad which will please anyone who is going out and celebrating the coming in of 2014.

So I'll start getting things ready around 8pm and use lots of containers which seems the easiest way to present everything and then I can put it all away in the fridge. Its more a case what not to put out. I'll use kitchen roll sheets as napkins.

I have a ticket for the Euro millions lottery tonight so another little thing to check.

I have a little tidy up to do, a load in the washing machine, yes it really is a normal kind of a day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're all sorted with your buffet, Gildy, enjoy! :)

I do the usual thing of opening the front door to let the New Year in, opening the back door to let the old year out, then go out into my road with a glass of champagne to watch the fireworks here and I find it really kick-starts the New Year for me. :)

I wish you a very Happy New Year, and happy times on all your outings you have planned for 2014. :)

N x

31 December 2013 at 19:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Its been many many years since I was out on New Year's Eve and when things did happen it was usually a get together with relatives.

In later years Mum and myself would be at the bottom of the street with my Grandma and her sister. Usually watching a light hearted variety type show on TV, then we'd go home.

You don't even get those kind of TV shows anymore...very little that has any Christmas feeling either. Around here it is dead and you rarely hear any commotion and being in the back bedroom now there are no lights on to attract any unwanted strays in the early hours.

I'm listening to the radio and have made up a kind of snack/buffet for later(and kept some things back for the next few days)and I may not eat all I have prepared(Chicken salad rolls, sausage rolls, Pringles, silverskin pickled onions, cheese, cherry tomatoes)I have some other items that I have not opened and may leave closed.

I may watch the fireworks in London at midnight or tune into BBC Scotland who still try to put on a show.

Like you when at home(with Mum)I would go out and either knock at the door or let myself in when the midnight chimes happened.

All the best to you and yours. I'll raise a glass(I think I have just about anything you can think of) x

31 December 2013 at 21:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home