My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Still Hiding Indoors...

I could go out but why?

I have plans as you know for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Thursday(much the same as other weeks)the exception being Monday when I go all light classical and listen to Viennese music of composers like Strauss.

I have been known to make the effort and dress accordingly but as the weather is likely to be cold and wet, I will probably be in my coat so I'll probably stay in it, have a jumper on and as its easier for me I shall be in my trainers.

I may have a look out tomorrow, doing mainly window shopping, possibly a ride on a bus just for the sake of it. I have the excuse that my computer magazine is out again.

Later I think I shall have a prawn salad, they need using and I don't want to waste them. Then over the weekend possibly use the rest of the buffet stuff as snacks. They may be something I can perhaps take to the club on Sunday?

And just maybe if I stay close to home, I can have a proper Christmas meal prepared by my own fair hands(after all I have my own Turkey roasts to use up)thinks if not I'll take some items out of the freezer and use them instead. Or I'd rather waste them.

Looking forward to a shave over the weekend too, I have five days of stubble to get rid of...

The year for many has not got off to a great start. Disasters and poverty is dependent on your personal definition is.

But I came across the following which appeared in the New York Times regarding food banks in the UK. Shameful. If this is the working poor...heaven help those who are even lower down the pecking order.

There is another story breaking today with a utility company telling people to save energy and the cost of increased bills by going to bed early, to stop drinking tea, share showers etc...many are cutting back but we are returning to medieval times where we used candles, went to bed when it was dark, once we could burn coal and the like. It comes to something when you are told that a warm drink is out. It also flies in the face of all the advice charities and experts give about the well being of many to stay warm and clean if you are told to avoid warm meals and a warm bath/shower/wash.

I'm not sure that I like where things are going in my country.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear Gildy, you've been sounding so down in your last few posts that I just want to give you a hug. You really come across as having very little joy in your life, and I just feel so sorry for you.

I am sure that your parents would want you to enjoy and make the most of your life. Of course you miss them, but you owe it to them to make the most of your life and enjoy yourself, they would want that for you.

Howabout inviting some members of your music club to your home one evening for a special listen to something and a few snacks?

Re expensive travel costs which you often talk about - do you not get the lower mobility componant of DLA? It sounds like you could qualify for it, and then that could pay for taxi fares when you need to get somewhere, rather than forego the pleasure of attending an event due to no buses. Please look into applying for that if you don't already get it - you could be entitled to it, and every little helps.

Re utilities, Southern Electric give a £130 rebate every spring to people classed as vulnerable - again, worth you checking out with them if you would qualify, even if you aren't with them, then maybe you could switch.

Hope that helps. :)

N x

3 January 2014 at 22:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

How thoughtful...I'm quite chipper so sorry if it came across otherwise.

If I save or avoid spending elsewhere I probably can afford to use a taxi. That is(for now)how I am able to attend some events in the first place and allowing for health issues I am fortunate compared to many.

I do think I am being looked after in some ways.

If we can get some shared evenings going that could reduce the cost of using taxi's too.

Travel only becomes difficult between 7pm-midnight. Its been suggested on occasions if appropriate to take a room at a hotel and travel home the next day...its a thought.

I'm cosy in bed, listening to the radio, hammering away on the keyboard connected to the internet and have just eaten two wholemeal rolls with prawns, spinach/lettuce/rocket,tomato, egg,ham and garlic mayonnaise.

And a custard Danish so I'll come to no harm.

I will dig out the camera and see if I can spot anything to share soon.

Perhaps at the start of any year its a mixture of our reflections of the past and hopes/concern for the future x

3 January 2014 at 23:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you feel more chipper than you came across. :) xx

Oh yes, do dig out the camera and see what fun photo opportunities there are. :) I love doing that. :)

Howabout joining a photographic club in your area, if there is one?

Also, do you have a garden? Howabout planning to plant some stuff, maybe you could plant a rose bush in memory of your mum? Maybe there is a rose she particularly liked, or one that has her Christian name? Worth looking into on the net. :) You could always plant it in a pot, and not in the ground.

I have a small garden, and it's fantastic in the spring and summer, because it really is an extra "room" to my bungalow, if you see what I mean. :)

N x

4 January 2014 at 12:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home