My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Not Really Much Bothered About New Year...

It really is just another day.

I am an expert at filling time and the trip to the supermarket lasted nearly two hours. Sad eh?

I found salad items(tomatoes both cherry and plum)spring onions, lettuce/spinach, tonic water(may use that again to help me sleep and ease my legs when in bed)kitchen rolls(found some 3ply)that did not break the bank(KR are always so expensive)or poor quality. Some cheap lemonade/cola.

Some bread buns and my computer magazine.

Lots of healthy stuff there if added to my other items in the house.

I found some Christmas cards reduced(of a better design/quality)thirty for £2 but I forgot that I have twenty at home for £1 and perhaps sixteen of some purchased earlier in the year but hey, I won't need to buy any more for at least the next two or three years.

So when I buy my final few N.Year cards today, some sausage rolls, strawberries, cheese straws(perhaps napkins and disposable plates/bowls)I am finished spending.

It may seem a weird time to eat but I am heating up my leftovers from Christmas and planning to have my meal in the next few hours(using the slow cooker)then I shall wait until tonight and the buffet.

I think that I can do all that I wish by just staying here. I may have to go out early just because the baker's may sell out of what I need. But many shops are open on New Year's Day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy new year, yes it's just another day but I hope you have a pleasant evening.

31 December 2013 at 14:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you.
And I wish the same to you and yours.

It sounds churlish what I said, its not meant to be. I genuinely wish everyone the best for the coming days and hope the year is kind.

31 December 2013 at 14:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think you sounded churlish, I completely agree that it is just another day. Best wishes for 2014, I look forward to following your jottings next year

31 December 2013 at 17:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home