My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Can I Take That Again(Reference To The Previous Post)

I nipped out whilst the weather improved briefly. And spent a little...I know, I know.

It's rare for me but I have done a lucky dip on the Euro Lottery for tonight and Tuesday and the National Lottery for tomorrow. Sometimes they do a special for Christmas and the New Year. I forgot about the one on Christmas Day. Any win would be welcome.

Alone on New Year's Eve so I decided to still do a little buffet for myself and what isn't used will be used afterwards.

I'll bring the trolley table upstairs into my bedroom(its like those that go across a bed when in hospital)and if there is not enough room, I'll find a tray to use too.

I have some pork pies, mini turkey bacon cranberry pasties, sausage rolls, bacon and cheese bites, bacon and cheese straws, cocktail sausages, cheese, cheese and bacon quiche, ham, cherry tomatoes, eggs, salad, pickled onions, cheese straws, crisps, fruit and a couple of drinks. And this time not sausage rolls from a freezer or prepacked from the Supermarket, I'm buying from a baker's(either Gregg's or Coopland's)

Perhaps some Christmas cake or some rolls too. I found some Christmas cake bars worth £2.50 each reduced to £1. I'll just eat a small amount and nibble here and there. I may not use some items on the night. Which just gives me more choice in the coming days. I'm either putting out small amounts of everything or fewer items but more of those, if that makes sense.

Making better use of containers and wrapping that keeps items longer and easier to store. Some items already in the house, some were purchased today(reduced/on offer)

Hopefully I'll lay everything out reasonably presentable. I may even post an image. I have yet to decide if I will use crockery I have in the house or go for some paper plates etc...May as well do it right.

I will put up some ham and pease pudding rolls for Sunday, our group will be missing three this weekend as it is the Birthday of one and his wife/stepson will be staying home as there are also some relatives visiting so they will be entertaining at home.

So I guess that is me all up to date now unless I have a look out tomorrow for no particular reason.

Oh I purchased my New Year cards today(not cheap)now if I can find the address book and mail them in the next 10 days or so(put them in letterboxes where that is appropriate)

I'll see how that goes...

Simple fair today...I've had beef spread in some bread rolls and later the last of my food from the Christmas night out for the bingo club(chicken and gravy)followed later with a couple of little mint chocolate rolls.

I'm getting caught up on what's in the fridge and getting back into the fruit, vegetables, grains and seeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home